Mystery Seduction, Abduction or Murder

Help Support CattleToday:

Not a sign been nearly a week pretty safe bet he met his demise.
Kinda hate that as I liked that cat and I am not a cat person only one that every
passed all the test for the job.

If a cat makes it 3-4 years around here they are doing pretty good. Lucky my females are good mommas so I have a steady supply of replacements. I got a army of white kittens running around here but I bet half don't make it to be 2 years old and then may be one or two makes it to 3 or 4.

Our oldest barncat is 9. She hunts all over the farm. The other one is just 2, she hunts all over too. I've noticed when the yotes are running they both hang around the house under the porch.

Oscar (neutered) orange tabby 16 months old. I should have named him Columbus because he's a real explorer.
Best cat ever! A true hunter. I saw him take down a full grown gray rat! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
So well mannered, only cat I've ever allowed in the house. He comes in for about an hour a day, gets bored and I put him out.

if you want a male cat to stick around get it fixed when still young ,as all intact males will leave if you have no intact females around , I have had cats for 30 some years , all of mine right now are spade
females and the oldest is in her teens , the last 2 toms I had here as soon as I got the 2 barn cats
spade (they were next on the list ) they were gone within 2 weeks ,and never saw them again
a good source for barn cats is someone that dose feral cats , as they come already fixed and the only criteria is you supply food and a warm place to sleep, as you will rarely see them
Suzanne

Mother and Dad kept a cat around most of the time while I was growing up. Since I've been on my own I've never had a cat to loose. I'm just glad my wife has the same thoughts about them as I do.

Sign me catless for life.

Maybe he'll be back with a partner.

We had one do that a year and a half ago. He went out on rounds, hadn't seen him an a week or so, he returned with a lady friend who had 2 babies with her.

We have since had him "fixed".

One of my buddy's wife said someone once asked her about taking her barn cat to the vet. She said "What are you talking about? If the cat dies you get a new cat."

:hide:

Rafter S":lyzxh053 said:
One of my buddy's wife said someone once asked her about taking her barn cat to the vet. She said "What are you talking about? If the cat dies you get a new cat."

:hide:

That's why I keep several females if one dies always a kitten to take its place. Last year I was down to a young Tom and a female now I have three females with litters the Tom and another young Tom. I don't know if you could catch mine to take them to the vet.

Caustic Burno":1d8dphtq said:
Not a sign been nearly a week pretty safe bet he met his demise.
Kinda hate that as I liked that cat and I am not a cat person only one that every
passed all the test for the job.

Junior showed up this morning;he was waiting by his bowl.

wacocowboy":2um1fe1i said:
If a cat makes it 3-4 years around here they are doing pretty good. Lucky my females are good mommas so I have a steady supply of replacements. I got a army of white kittens running around here but I bet half don't make it to be 2 years old and then may be one or two makes it to 3 or 4.
Sounds like you have a nice working "Cat House". :lol2: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":3vx2o21g said:
wacocowboy":3vx2o21g said:
Sounds like you have a nice working "Cat House". :lol2: :lol: :hide:

I wish my cattle reproduced like the cats lol.

Latest posts