My new Toy

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":28lnlkoh said:
Angus Cowman":28lnlkoh said:
don't need one run your cylinders on air

Ok, now you've got my attention. Got a link to some suitable cylinders?
we always just used standard hyd cylinders put a valve on the trailer that is tapped in your air line
if it holds hyd fluid it should hold air pressure

Angus Cowman":1ww6eguc said:
cfpinz":1ww6eguc said:
Angus Cowman":1ww6eguc said:
don't need one run your cylinders on air

Ok, now you've got my attention. Got a link to some suitable cylinders?
we always just used standard hyd cylinders put a valve on the trailer that is tapped in your air line
if it holds hyd fluid it should hold air pressure

That's interesting, will have to do some looking. I assumed the air would be more prone to leakage since the cyl's were designed for fluid. That's what I get for assuming.

cfpinz":1xv6h7z5 said:
That's interesting, will have to do some looking. I assumed the air would be more prone to leakage since the cyl's were designed for fluid. That's what I get for assuming.
we never had much problems with leaks as you just use them to raise it up and then ya have to pin it for transport
if you wanted you could put a hyd power unit on it and run them hydraulically that way if it wasn't hooked to the truck you could still raise amd lower it
the 12v power units are only about $300 I have a source for them if ya want I will pm ya the info
just let me know

Nice toy AC. I had a 68 Pete with the 350 and 13over roadranger with 370 rears and on 22 inch rubber.It was pretty long legged.Run like a scalded dog on flat country.Used to run across I 70 through mo.Gave Boone county a lot of donation money to help rebuild there roads. In the ten years I was driving I always dreaded the horrible boone county mo.

Cal

Pretty good looking rig AC. 350 cummings is about as good off old engine as you can find in a truck. Some of them will run faster and pull a little better. But them 350 big cams are tough.

Angus Cowman":1mnjl35t said:
cfpinz":1mnjl35t said:
we never had much problems with leaks as you just use them to raise it up and then ya have to pin it for transport
if you wanted you could put a hyd power unit on it and run them hydraulically that way if it wasn't hooked to the truck you could still raise amd lower it
the 12v power units are only about $300 I have a source for them if ya want I will pm ya the info
just let me know

Thanks, when I get around to putting that dovetail on I'll have to revisit this. Knowing me, it'll probably be next year or so before it goes from the "ought to" list to the "need to" list. Then another year or so til it gets on the "going to" list.

That's about as nice a farm truck as I've seen, find myself wishing mine was a tandem more and more. You can always use the bigger truck with smaller trailers but vice-versa gets interesting. Though I seen one of the local yahoos pulling a 20' aluminum cattle trailer with a KW tandem sleeper truck, must have been some heavy cows.

cfpinz":mvistyj2 said:
Thanks, when I get around to putting that dovetail on I'll have to revisit this. Knowing me, it'll probably be next year or so before it goes from the "ought to" list to the "need to" list. Then another year or so til it gets on the "going to" list.

That's about as nice a farm truck as I've seen, find myself wishing mine was a tandem more and more. You can always use the bigger truck with smaller trailers but vice-versa gets interesting. Though I seen one of the local yahoos pulling a 20' aluminum cattle trailer with a KW tandem sleeper truck, must have been some heavy cows.
You mean it would look funny with the old 16ft coose hooked up to it :lol: :lol:
dang there you go bursting my bubble cause that was why I bought it so I could pull the old coose

Check your PMs

Latest posts