My new Toy

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
after selling my last semi a couple yrs ago I decided it was time for another one I found this one up in Illinois
it is an 88 pete 377 with a 350 cummins with a 13 spd
bought me a 53ft spread axle drop deck trailer to go behind it
got to get it lettered next week
peterbilt001.jpg

peterbilt003.jpg

:banana: I like it! I want one! How's about l come get it and break it in for a couple years? Never mind that I ain't never drove one. :D

around 800k but had a complete overhaul about 240k ago
seems like it has been taken pretty good care of front end is tight and tranny shifts smooth doesnt seem to slobber any oil
seems pretty decent I have but a close to 700 miles on it since I bought it

Kingfisher":22jfeoga said:
And just how are you planning on " playing" with your new " toy" ?
same as I did my other one
moving hay and equipment around and hauling my dozer
I spent around $4000 last yr getting just getting hay hauled so doesn't take long to justify what it cost
with the added hayfields we just bought and doing some more on shares looks like I will have around 1500 -2000 bales this coming yr to sell if we have an average yr
plus hauling baler,wrapper and a tractor if needed back and forth to Jed's will be alot easier

Kingfisher":27j2xolj said:
Gotcha. That's kind of what I figured. What does Jed have to do with it? :)
I make a few trips a yr to Jeds to do some hay work for him and it is a pretty good pull with a 1 ton diesel
plus it seems like I am always either taking something to him or going to get something from him or both and the loads usually aren't very light
I think the last load of corral panels (which have never been moved :lol: )I hauled to him weighed around 15,000lbs plus the truck and trailer which is another 16,000 so it gets a little rough on a 1ton

plus the first 100 miles starting at my house sure ain't an easy pull

What type of tail is on the drop deck?

I found a dovetail somebody cut off a 10 ton PJ that I'm going to attach to mine so I can load equipment easier. Think I'm going to set it up on pins so I can pull them and detach it.

sounds like you might as well hook old jed for half that rigg.you prolly didnt give but $20,000 for the rigg an trailer.

cfpinz":3cx8zmy5 said:
What type of tail is on the drop deck?

I found a dovetail somebody cut off a 10 ton PJ that I'm going to attach to mine so I can load equipment easier. Think I'm going to set it up on pins so I can pull them and detach it.
someone has built this one it is only 2 ft and with running the low pro 17.5 lowboy tires it will work real well just have a set of hook on ramps I will probably have to beef them up with a center support for loading the dozer

mount it on pins and add a couple cylinders and make it fold up
I am gonna stretch the neck on this one so I can get a little more weight on the truck and have a little more room between the tires and the jacks
this trailer would be perfect for a single axle truck only has an 8ft top deck on it

Angus Cowman":2ztwpjdc said:
I am gonna stretch the neck on this one so I can get a little more weight on the truck and have a little more room between the tires and the jacks
this trailer would be perfect for a single axle truck only has an 8ft top deck on it

I was figuring on putting a full width hinge at the top and a set of pins at the bottom, just using the front end loader to raise it up or down. My gooseneck has a jack that moves it up and down, works well enough but I figure there'll always be a loader wherever I'm using this trailer. Plus I don't have a wetline.

cfpinz":19g9o78e said:
Angus Cowman":19g9o78e said:

I was figuring on putting a full width hinge at the top and a set of pins at the bottom, just using the front end loader to raise it up or down. My gooseneck has a jack that moves it up and down, works well enough but I figure there'll always be a loader wherever I'm using this trailer. Plus I don't have a wetline.
don't need one run your cylinders on air