my new henry .22- i highly recommend it.

Help Support CattleToday:

Trying to figure out which carbine Ruger made in 308!

Winchester quit making M94 & M70 the rifles and M1300 Shotguns because of the closing of the New Haven plant. There was something in the union contract that precluded certain firearms from being made anywhere other then the US.
I've heard that the M70 is back in production somewhere in the US other then New Haven

dun":1l6h2eg2 said:
Trying to figure out which carbine Ruger made in 308!

Sorry dun, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized they came out with it in .243 , not .308 was gonna come in and edit but ya caught me already. ( I forget what they called it, Mini-14 look-alike ).

Thanks for the info on the plant closure info, hard to imagine them not making the 94 anymore.

Edit - was out scraping the yard when I remembered they called it a Mini-Thirty at some point.

Dun is right. The New Haven plant closed two years ago and the 94's were discontinued. The remaining Winchester line is manufactured in Belgium, Portugal, and Japan. BTW, Henry currently makes the Big Boy which is chambered in .44, .45, and .357 (lever action).

The mini-14/rach rifle was originally in .223, when it was rechambered to 7.62x39 it was renamed the mini-30. Still way to short of an action for anything the length of a 308 or 243

dun":1l4h8bb0 said:
The mini-14/rach rifle was originally in .223, when it was rechambered to 7.62x39 it was renamed the mini-30. Still way to short of an action for anything the length of a 308 or 243

Man, we are talking 1985, over 20 years. I had money in hand to buy a Ruger XGI - they discontinued it and came out with the other. I had to Google just to make sure I wasn't losing it. The XGI although advertised never hit production.
Here's a link I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14

Since I only sold rugers I never was big into their hype and hoopla. Never even heard of this oddball that never made it into production. If you really want an M-14 look to Springfield Armory. They did the job right.
When ruger started supporting some of the gun control (high cpa magazines, etc) crap I even quit selling them till they got their head out of their hole.

dun":28z5vwha said:
Since I only sold rugers I never was big into their hype and hoopla. Never even heard of this oddball that never made it into production. If you really want an M-14 look to Springfield Armory. They did the job right.
When ruger started supporting some of the gun control (high cpa magazines, etc) crap I even quit selling them till they got their head out of their hole.

Well, I guess I sidetracked D44's thread a bit here but dun ,what you wrote, that is the stuff that makes these boards invaluable. Insider stuff. That XGI broke my heart, a Mini-14 gun for deer hunting. I guess it was an oddball, but imagine the sales if it worked. HK makes it work but look at the price.

Ahh well , back to levers, sorry D44. :lol:

Latest posts