New Addition

Help Support CattleToday:

In real life waving around a fake gun can end your life. Fakes are great for movies like Rust...

Just picked up Heckler Koch P30SK V3... Built like a Swiss Watch. Fits my hand like it is grafted there. Got the 12 and 15 Rd mags. 9mm. For small handgun, it is fantastic.
Comes with multiple back straps in different sizes. Grip is fully customizable.
Preferred the P30... But it's a bit too large for concealed carry.

I've been on a gun buying/building hiatus for a while now, I don't believe you can have too many just already have a lot and have been unable to decide what I would get the most out of. Probably another 1911 like I said, followed by another rifle from Henry.
Edit: and just as I said that I went to the Henry website and they've got a new release. Aw, hell, somebody tell me it's a bad idea: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/homesteader-9mm/

In real life waving around a fake gun can end your life. Fakes are great for movies like Rust...
I hope most folks have enough common sense to know better than that. Real or fake you don't go waving one around. Like I told my oldest when she asked about taking my concealed carry pistol with me, it's only for us to know we have it, don't talk about it because some people aren't as comfortable about guns as we are, and the only way it would come out is if we were put into a dangerous situation. She's got a good head on her shoulders because with all the times she's seen me packing it, not once has she ever said anything outside the vehicle.

I've been on a gun buying/building hiatus for a while now, I don't believe you can have too many just already have a lot and have been unable to decide what I would get the most out of. Probably another 1911 like I said, followed by another rifle from Henry.
Edit: and just as I said that I went to the Henry website and they've got a new release. Aw, hell, somebody tell me it's a bad idea: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/homesteader-9mm/
It's a bad idea, the Ruger 99/44 is a great idea though!!! I need to get a Savage LA stock to finish another build. I've got a Savage LA with a magnum bolt face and a 6.5x300 Win Mag barrel to put on it but I don't like the cheap wood blind mag stock it's got. I was thinking a Pro Mag Archangel setup. It's priced decent with good reviews and has a 7 round detachable mag included. The barrel is the correct one sent to me after the original being chambered incorrectly. I mounted it on the donor rifle I'd purchased to use, headspaced it, opened up the stock channel and all that so I figured I may as well try shooting it to see what happens. The dang thing shoots great so I'm not gonna dismantle it to put a different barrel on, I'm just going to build another rifle.

The picture on the left is the completed rifle with the wrong barrel. The picture on the right is a 300 case on the left that would of been necked down to make the 6.5x300 brass, middle is what a fireformed piece from the wrongly chambered barrel turned out like, and the right case is a 6.5x300 Weatherby case. Imagine my surprise when the first fireformed piece of brass came out looking like that. Somehow I can only guess it got short chambered in 6.5x300 Weatherby because a factory round will not chamber. It's about .015" shorter at the start of the shoulder. It's got the proper dimensions for the belt though so if it's all reamed at the same time I can't figure how it would run short and still machine the correct belt depth. After some back and forth the company told me to keep the barrel and they'd make me the correct one. Problem is, I'm getting 3300 fps with that and zero pressure signs. I just quit the ladder test because rifle season was starting in a couple days and that 3300 load shot 1.625" at 200 yards. That's good for anything I'll take a poke at.

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_20210914_210202195.jpeg
    Resized_IMG_20210914_210202195.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Resized_IMG_20210917_124039515_HDR.jpeg
    Resized_IMG_20210917_124039515_HDR.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 3
Just picked up Heckler Koch P30SK V3... Built like a Swiss Watch. Fits my hand like it is grafted there. Got the 12 and 15 Rd mags. 9mm. For small handgun, it is fantastic.
Comes with multiple back straps in different sizes. Grip is fully customizable.
Preferred the P30... But it's a bit too large for concealed carry.
Sounds like a nice piece. I don't know that I've ever had an HK in hand, my first Springfield was mostly picked for the match trigger and convenience of being in the safe at our local gun store. That's nice being able to fit the gun to your hand.

I'm sorry, pard, but you're too late. I called Skinner Sights and their sights fit the Homesteader and the jar's already started.
Haha, I tried my best to talk you out of it. Good luck with the jar, any addition to the gun safe is a good addition in my book.

Latest posts