My lease guy is fixin to get some hybrid vigor and new genetics whether he wanted them or not.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: ;)
Hope he likes some ear, leather and scur horn on char influenced cows....
Someone's bull is roamin 'the neighborhood'. I let him in with the cows that belong to the guy that has my place leased. (Can't let livestock roaming loose and get into people's yards and out on the road) Lease guy is without a bull right now anyway and all his calves go to sale no matter what. He ain't too particular anyway, considering what his last bull looked like...the infamous 'cow with a penis". All he had going for him was a black hide.
I did call lease guy and did find the owner and let him know, and he'll come get him in a couple weeks maybe if it dries out some. Both parties are in agreement after a few phone calls. Bull seemed pretty docile so he won't give me any trouble..hopefully.

This is pretty common this time of year, as there is still green grass growing along the river under brush and trees so 'some people' just turn livestock loose to run the river bottom. :cry:

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

Turning that thing (or any bull , really) in with my cows would be a serious problem - even if you own the place!

Turning that thing (or any bull , really) in with my cows would be a serious problem - even if you own the place!
Might be the way a new cow man wannabe learns a valuable lesson. This is a good thing.

Not suggesting it's right or wrong (it is hilarious), but I'll bet there is more to the story.

No it wouldn't. I would have done the same thing. Don't care what kind of cows you have, they aren't worth someone's life if he got hit by a car. Besides, looks like he could have jumped in that fence whenever he wanted to.

If I hadn't opened a gate, he'd probably have tore a fence down anyway and then all the cows would likely be out. Not my cows but still, I don't want to see any on the highway.
The law is pretty clear on that. "No one may knowingly allow livestock to roam free"
I knew about it because I saw him with my own eyes, so doing nothing would have meant I allowed it to happen.

trying to be a successful bull rider at a local (Highlands Tx) youth rodeo arena. FAIL
Had lots of fun tho.
(If my mother knew everything that happened up there, she'd have killed me. It wasn't named Double Trouble Rodeo Arena for nothing)
Always imagined you rappelling out of a helicopter at that age. Probably safer than riding a rodeo bull.

Latest posts