My heifers and bull take a look

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi guys i have five angus hereford cross black baldy heifers running with a LBW Charolais bull. I am proud as punch and cant wait for the grey calves. :D

Hi. I work for a guy with Char stud and borrowed the bull. Not sure of sire. Nice to share with you guys as i am strating again after a bit of a hiccup saw me out of farming for awhile.

I have friends using Charolais on bwf heifers without any problems. I went back and looked at your heifers several times, they are a pretty group.

Thanks for feedback. They are great girls. Yeah with the Char on heifers. They are well grown and slightly older. My boss only calves Char on his place. No problems so i have confidence in his genetics and finally it will be a learning experience. As many say yay as nay so i the interest of answering the question i am trying something different if that makes sense.

ez14":2sbhu1b7 said:
they look good but char bull on first timers :eek: hope you have some pulling chains

No problem these days with the right bull. This "stigma" is a result of the train wrecks in the 70s and 80s.

My neighbor has the same set up as you. His bulls are huge, the cows are content and the calves are gray and grow like weeds. Beautiful outfit!

JMJ Farms":3cajusm8 said:
ez14":3cajusm8 said:
they look good but char bull on first timers :eek: hope you have some pulling chains

No problem these days with the right bull. This "stigma" is a result of the train wrecks in the 70s and 80s.
:nod:

Knew few folks used LBW Char bulls on heifers without any issues. I've met some old timers they won't use chars, Simmies and limousins on their cows but the calving ease and birthweight has gotten improved nowadays. Most cow killers I encountered were been club calf bulls.

Hate to say it, but I love your heifers and hate your bull. Just starting out, I wish you'd spent a little money on a bull, or went AI. Again really like the heifers. gs

Latest posts