My heifer Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

stelg

Reaction score
100_1769.jpg

This is our heifer bull. He is angus-brangus cross. I will post some more pictures of our heifers as I get them downloaded. It takes a while when you have dial-up.

Nice angus plus, but he's a little small in the rear for my tastes.

If you check your other pic post, I posted how to reduce the picture size so that it won't take you so long to upload or download.

That's not a good picture of his rear end. He is alot bigger in the butt than what he looks.

You are right pictures don't lie, but neither does his calf prices when I sell them. I have been around alot of cattle, and the best ones are not always the best looking.

100_1758.jpg

This is one of my beefmaster-charlois heifers that is heavy bred. I reduced the size of the picture. Is that better?

LA your're right. I have taken many pictures of cattle and when you look at it I think. that's not very good the bull has more muscle than that. It's a life lesson in acceptance

SEC":1h18zhns said:
LA your're right. I have taken many pictures of cattle and when you look at it I think. that's not very good the bull has more muscle than that. It's a life lesson in acceptance
I know. That's just like when I look at a pic of myself. I know I have to look much better than the pic shows me to be. ;-)

stelg":3rgxwad4 said:
100_1758.jpg

This is one of my beefmaster-charlois heifers that is heavy bred. I reduced the size of the picture. Is that better?

Perfect size. She is a very good looking cow. And from the looks of your pasture she knows how to "Scrounge". ;-)

MikeC":3ir7hutu said:
stelg":3ir7hutu said:
100_1758.jpg

Perfect size. She is a very good looking cow. And from the looks of your pasture she knows how to "Scrounge". ;-)

Yeah, it was warm here in central tex over the weekend, so I decided to let them scrape around for a couple of days.

la4angus":iii3bzvk said:
stelg":iii3bzvk said:
That's not a good picture of his rear end. He is alot bigger in the butt than what he looks.
Pictures don't lie. ;-)

I believe that they do. You would be surprised what you can hide or excentuate with a single photo. A slight change in the angle from which the photo is taken can make a sizable difference.

A good photo is worth it's weight in gold and a bad one is worse than no picture at all. You just can't beat viewing cattle in person.

BTW, I just love that term....."heifer bull"

stelg

Anytime you post a pic of a bull or cow, be prepared to be criticized. But hey, you do what you want, right?

I actually looked the pic over real good, and for what it's worth:

He does have a good front end; head,shoulders and he does have good length. Back legs aren't post-legged. Clean sheathed. Just a little smaller in the rear than I like. But hey, that's just me. It's easy to criticize other people's cattle. I have a brangus myself that is now nicknamed hatchett butt. Ol hatchett is leaving this Saturday.

Heifer bull. Kind of makes me think that he's a drag queen or something.

Know about light-in-the-rear bulls...had some of our last one for dinner last night. Darn thing butchered better than alot of the steers and was probably the best steak that I've had in a long time.
DMc

That bull looks good to me, I would be happy to know I'm getting calves out of him. There must be alot of perfect bulls out there.

Latest posts