My first calf

Help Support CattleToday:

The first of the season is always so welcome; and the first for you is even better. Sky is right, better get it tagged cuz in 24 hours you will have trouble catching and holding it. Plus if it bellows, you'll have everyone breathing down your neck...LOL

True Grit Farms":3f6dt4tv said:
That's a good start. What kind of bull are you going to use this go round?
I'll keep an Angus bull on them until I match my herd size with my carrying capacity. I will keep buying the Angus plus bred heifers to build up, and retain my own heifers. This little guy will move along when the time comes. I hope he gets nine sisters.

I'll put a polled Hereford on them when I get my herd built. Can't beat a baldy here.

Congratulations Sir!

Something about getting a brand new baby calf...makes you smile! :cboy:

Best of luck on the other 9.

Cotton1

Kingfisher":1htgbyqk said:
Cool! It sure is flat there.
That's my only flat spot. :lol: It was rowed cropped years back. That is a mistake here. Our dirt needs grass on it. It is my Bermuda field now.

All the heifers have mothered that calf, licking and nuzzling it. They all seem to have good mothering instincts. Maybe cause he is the first born. It has been a joy to watch.

Congrats. Love the first calf of the year and come to mention it normaly love the last:) i waiting for my first calf its a great feeling.

Latest posts