My Dodge got her first ding today.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Went to a WSU Extension workshop today on fencing/pasture management, held not too far away, but on a narrow little road with minimal parking areas. And as I was backing/jockeying Ruby around to get her out of a traffic, I tagged a major-big, round corner post with the rear bumper -- didn't even realize it was there. Ruby's butt doesn't look too good. :( She's never had a mark on her since new in '06. The only consolation is that I'm glad that monster post was well-seated, or I'd be replacing it tomorrow.

You're not being nice to me, guys. :( She'll get fixed -- she's not turning into the farm truck just yet. And FYI, it's Moi who can run a manual trannie and pulls trailers around here -- to MO and back and for all our local hauls. Not the LOML. :) He does other things well -- but not trailers!

I had a customer beg me to give his twenty year old daughter a job so I hired her to watch the kids two days a week. She backed into the same telephone pole three different times in her own car and once in my wife's truck during the month that she worked for me. I've been parking in front of the same pole for seven years and have never touched it and I leave in the dark :bang:
The last time that she did it was suposed to be her last day as she'd found a "real" job but I asked her if she could work a part day and when she agreed I had her go to the hardware store and buy a reflective caution triangle and hang it on that telephone pole.

Kathie in Thorp":2hpy3gu7 said:
You're not being nice to me, guys.

Fair enough. You do realize that this scrape was just a babtism and once babtized once it needn't happen again and most times it never does. Hope it don't cost too much to fix and BTW - my son would be proud of your choice of vehicles.

RUBY has been my "sports car" since the day I bought her, new, off the lot: Dodge 2500 diesel, long-bed--the first NEW rig I've ever owned. She handles like a sports car, which can be good and be bad, but we get along just fine. She's usually parked in a barn during the winter, so no idjit sliding around on ice, that thinks 4WD is the cure for winter driving, nicks her. Ruby goes out for road trips and hauling. She hadn't been out for awhile, so I figured she could go on the field trip. Just hit 45K miles. My every-day-driver is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Thanks, Jo! :)

I got a bit a munch-up on my front bumper, and the rear bumper got tagged by jack-knifing the trailer too much (previous owner), I've been pretty good to this truck, though the box is completely falling apart.. it's a 94 Dodge diesels 4x4 dually, single cab longbox... it's low geared so it's no sportscar, but I still have fun with it. My sportscar is a sportscar, which never gets driven, it's under a tarp and I'm trying to sell it. I used to have a liter-bike which was hella fun too

Latest posts