my dad

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
Mom took dad to the hospital this morning.

The first thing they told him was he wasn't going home.

First diagnosis is pneumonia in the right lung. A long list of other symptoms (very short of breath, substantial amounts of blood in the stool (this morning was the first of that), fever and upset stomach (to name but a few of them) mean that, probably, more than just pneumonia is going on.

I'd appreciate the prayers of anyone willing to offer one (or more) up. Thanks.

Sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. Be strong for your mother. She will need someone to lean on during this time. I'm sure you will but be there for her even if she doesn't ask.

Jogeephus":2flp929y said:
Sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. Be strong for your mother. She will need someone to lean on during this time. I'm sure you will but be there for her even if she doesn't ask.

Actually, I can't be there with mom and dad right now ... I'm home with my wife (she'll be fine; she had a lumbar puncture yesterday and can't get up w/o having headaches, and so I'm home wrangling our four kids so she doesn't have to ... and ... can't take the kids to the hospital ... so, I'm home with my first priority).

Thanks everyone.

He's staying the night, and maybe tomorrow night, too. Test results are trickling in ... still many unknowns ... but, this first round of results are far more promising than they could have been.

WalnutCrest, as I read your request, what came to my mind is---what if whoever said, "The first thing they told him was he wasn't going home." misunderstood what was said, and left off the word "tonight". Totally different picture. My prayers are for the Dr's, and your family.

I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. God will get you through this.

D2Cat":3w3gymk3 said:
WalnutCrest, as I read your request, what came to my mind is---what if whoever said, "The first thing they told him was he wasn't going home." misunderstood what was said, and left off the word "tonight". Totally different picture. My prayers are for the Dr's, and your family.

+1

It's been an interesting day, for sure!

Latest posts