My cleanup bull this year

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus

Reaction score
Below is a shot of my cleanup bull this year.

this shot was at 13 months of age
he is a son of Alap of Wye and is out of a daughter of CC&7
He is already with one cow whom I have never been able to settle AI so I just put her in with him and I think she was bred over the weekend. He will then get 5 more cows in two weeks as I bred them this past sunday and then six more heifers a couple of weeks later.

He is probably the thickest young bull I have ever raised.
Decent disposition
Decent conformation..there are a few little things I would like to see better but overall, I like him a lot.
We have had world's of grass this year because it rains every other day....cold enough now that it has stopped growing.
The two bull calves got about ten lbs per head per day of a grain mix and decent rotational grazing.

Thank you, and I will. I want to see him grow as well.

Right now thinking I will keep him at least another year and maybe offer him for sale in spring of 2020.

pdf - really nice yearling. Love his natural thickness and big rib. If I had to be super picky, might say he is a little weak topped - but that is being major picky considering his bulging loin. What is his frame size? I have a friend with a Wye bull and he is super small framed, but super muscled.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":59ih4wt1 said:
pdf - really nice yearling. Love his natural thickness and big rib. If I had to be super picky, might say he is a little weak topped - but that is being major picky considering his bulging loin. What is his frame size? I have a friend with a Wye bull and he is super small framed, but super muscled.
I've found Wye bulls in general are a little small framed for my personal tastes, I like them otherwise (well. they're black which is a dealbreaker here, but just going on structure)

Jeanne - Simme Valley":289rxkx0 said:

I think there is a range of sizes....I have seen quite a few that were good sized but there are some that are four frame..I am guessing mine to be about 5.5 frame...but my guess is he will mature out over a ton

pdfangus":1o1n5eij said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1o1n5eij said:

I think there is a range of sizes....I have seen quite a few that were good sized but there are some that are four frame..I am guessing mine to be about 5.5 frame...but my guess is he will mature out over a ton
Sounds like he will be PERFECT!!!

Well, his mother has never had anything but Bulls, and I have sold a few very nice steers from her.

With just. A hand full of cows I had quit fooling with Bulls and just exposed the cows to the neighbors red bull for cleanup. Not sure why now, but I did not band this one at birth and he just took off and looked better every day ...by weaning, I had decided to grow him out.

Part of it was that I am pretty certain I will never get a heifer out of the cow and she is a good one, so the only way to keep her influence in my little herd is through a good son...

had this picture pop up on my facebook memories this morning....

this is Clancy on Dec 2 2017 with his mother Wanda...she is an eight year old cow...

I have a coming 7 year old cow that I really like.. she's never had a heifer through 3 different bulls.. maybe this time! One of my old cows was good at making heifers.. she had 11 of them and 5 steers, she's probably the most influential cow in my herd now, I didn't keep any sons from her but kept a grandson intact and have a pile of granddaughters that look really good.. If they live as long as she did I'll be pretty happy

Latest posts