my 3 yr old beefmaster bull

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are going for purebred have all of the calves registered as 1 crosses, then switch to another good one and then 2nd crosses, then a third bull you will have purbred. Takes time also but less expensive. Or get some embryos.

personally i wont buy a 1st 2nd or 3rd cross beefmaster at all.nor will i reg calves as E6s.nor will i reg calves if i cant get everything right on them even if they reg.

thats all alot beyond me still..im buying reg hiefers to breed to this bull. theyll be purebred...easy enuff fer me

bigbull338":2r607vwb said:
personally i wont buy a 1st 2nd or 3rd cross beefmaster at all.nor will i reg calves as E6s.nor will i reg calves if i cant get everything right on them even if they reg.
ive seen some that are superior to purebreds

I really do like this bull. I think anyone would love to see him out with their cows. Bring him over here around January, and he will send you a postcard every week for a couple of months, then he will come back home.

He is carrying so much muscle, and I like the thickness of his barrel from his heartgirth to his flank. What a nice butt he has. He is just a hunk. I cannot say anything bad about him. I wish he was my bull.

Do many people cross Beefmasters with Angus cattle?

My goodness, so much sand, how far are you from the beach? Is sand the only thing in your pastures, and what kind of grass will grow in it?

Chuckie

Chuckie said:
I really do like this bull. I think anyone would love to see him out with their cows. Bring him over here around January, and he will send you a postcard every week for a couple of months, then he will come back home.

He is carrying so much muscle, and I like the thickness of his barrel from his heartgirth to his flank. What a nice butt he has. He is just a hunk. I cannot say anything bad about him. I wish he was my bull.

Do many people cross Beefmasters with Angus cattle?
My goodness, so much sand, how far are you from the beach? Is sand the only thing in your pastures, and what kind of grass will grow in it?

Chuckie[/quote makes a great calf .. gots some bred replacements from the cross :cowboy:

ive got 2 angus cross heifers out of reg paint beefmaster cows.an i dont like them at all.they are slated to go the sale asap because im not carring them through winter or keeping them.

bigbull338":2b7ar746 said:
ive got 2 angus cross heifers out of reg paint beefmaster cows.an i dont like them at all.they are slated to go the sale asap because im not carring them through winter or keeping them.

that cross didnt werk very good for me either..ive got some nice angus cows ill be culling eventually..right now i just sale the calfs for a little extra income when im retianing animals for beef or replacements

sandy fer sure. beach? phooey. i aint seen the beach in yrs. i live bout 50 mi from it id guess. we got sand anywhere theres a good bit of traffic. just roots the grass up and it comes right out. we got great grass right now since we been gettin steady rains but 2 yrs ago we had way more sand then grass.
thanks for the compliments..this bull really works good for us. we got good calfs/hes easy on fences and dont dig. looks after the herd real protective like but knows we aint gonna do any harm so he gives us all the room we need. even in the pens..itll be real hard to ever get rid of him for sure..
we call him growler cuz of the noise he makes when hes in for some feed.

gary

dieselbeef, you and bigbull338 say that you do not like the cross from the Beefmaster and Angus, and bigbull338 you sound really unhappy about it. Why?

ALACOWMAN is happy with his calves. It sure looks like a good cross to me.

His bull looks like it would go with any cow.

Chuckie

Chuckie":3u0bw08v said:
dieselbeef, you and bigbull338 say that you do not like the cross from the Beefmaster and Angus, and bigbull338 you sound really unhappy about it. Why?

Chuckie
chuckie the calves out of the angus just dont look that good to me.now to some1 else they may look like top calves.you can have top cows an a top bull an all the calves wont be show heifers or herd bulls an thats a fact.example ive got this big paint cow she was bred to a high powered bull.well her calf did not grow off worth a crapp.2nd calf was out of a bull i bought calf was some better but still a dude.3rd calf is out of a bull i raised an she is a keeper.so it took awhile to find her match on bulls.i was going to sell her after 2 bombed calves,but i was talked into keeping her 1 more time.

Chuckie":y2v049jf said:

Chuckie
i am,,, and it is............ their sitz alliance sired , so you know what im talking about..bred to a predestined bull

well i can only talk from my exp and the calfs w got from 2 of our angus cows were crap..long legged doe looking calfs . didnt grow well..but it takes 2 animals and i aint saying it wont work but it didnt work for me

coulda been the heat causing lower milk production with those angus,, and might have been a different out come using beefmaster cows, angus bull..... as far a bigbulls deal,, they were automatically throw aways before they hit the ground... so id have to see em myself, before id say they were bad

The angus ccross does not work for me, I have 3 that have the "Brangus Influence", and you can see the growth differential, Black is a lot slower, less ear, clean sheaths. But it is HOT down here in Central AL. Heat has a lot to do with it. WIth out a creeper i should easily wean at 600 lbs at 205.. If not the culling will begin. If all of mine fail the test then that bull I got is going :bang:

Latest posts