My 1st Heifer- Whadduyah Think?

Help Support CattleToday:

RichieMaGoo":2hn5i1ud said:
HAHAhaha.....da boat a yews! :D
This one can make sounds, I just can't figure out what it's saying. Can anyone else figger it out.

la4angus":2ls9vhc7 said:
RichieMaGoo":2ls9vhc7 said:
This one can make sounds, I just can't figure out what it's saying. Can anyone else figger it out.

HAHAhaha....to both of you!

P.S. I can also translate Ebonics! ;-) Lots of practice!

MikeC":1gx0bbpo said:
la4angus":1gx0bbpo said:
RichieMaGoo":1gx0bbpo said:

What's Ebonics?

a nonstandard variety of English spoken by some American blacks
guess you never hear that in looseyana do you?

She's cute. I definitely see the angus in her. I'm kinda thinkin I like that angus x longhorn cross, now that I've seen one.

jaydill":rpm9v0b8 said:
She's cute. I definitely see the angus in her. I'm kinda thinkin I like that angus x longhorn cross, now that I've seen one.
Now the Longhorn breeders gonna screw up the most colorful breed that we have in this country. They are beautiful lawn ornaments and the horns and hides are beautiful in the house. Now they gonna try to make CAB out of them.

Breed them for what they are. Hide and horns. Use the meat for a by product which it is in this day and age.

buckaroo_bif":49m9esu4 said:
a nonstandard variety of English spoken by some American blacks
guess you never hear that in looseyana do you?

Oh Yes, Louisiana hears it. I wouldn't call it a dialect, however. Laziness/and or improper grammer do not a dialect make.

Haha true. Though, I'm from the north (and I'm black) and I never heard people speak like that until I came down here.. to the south.

Hey now....lets not refer to us southerners as speakers of anything other then the 'king's english'! :lol: ;-)

Ok, nice looking calf. Looks like a keeper to me.

As far as crossbreeding, been down the pure bred road before, it was good, but not nearly as interesting as playing roulet with colours, etc. when crossing.

In addition to my main herd of angus and herfords, I have a number of longhorns, and some highlanders even, and they ALL get bred to a purebred angus bull. They all seem to make nice calves.

I am a fan of anything that breeds easily, and makes nice healthy, strong, fast growing calves. ;-) That is the object of business on this farm.

I could be wrong, but in a lot of ways, my longhorns and highlanders seem to be a bit easier keepers then the other continental breeds. Just the way it seems to be here perhaps.

Even though neither the long horns or the highlanders will bring any big money in our local cattle sale barns, I an pleased to cross breed them and make some interesting looking offspring.

I might add, that I have never had a crossbred calf born out of a longhorn that wasn't polled.

I say to each his or her own as far as choices for breeding. ;-) :cboy:

la4angus":3w4lzjvu said:
MikeC":3w4lzjvu said:
la4angus":3w4lzjvu said:
RichieMaGoo":3w4lzjvu said:

What's Ebonics?

Ebonics?! Sheesh....ain't youse guys never heard a Brooklyn accent before?....from an Italian?

Sounds like the time i went to the tractor parts place to get an earl (oil) filter!

RichieMaGoo":2fi9nfr3 said:
la4angus":2fi9nfr3 said:
MikeC":2fi9nfr3 said:
la4angus":2fi9nfr3 said:
RichieMaGoo":2fi9nfr3 said:

What's Ebonics?

Ebonics?! Sheesh....ain't youse guys never heard a Brooklyn accent before?....from an Italian?

Sounds like the time i went to the tractor parts place to get an earl (oil) filter!
Haha :D

Latest posts