Murray Grey bull

Help Support CattleToday:

OK Jeanne

Reaction score
Here's a Murray Grey bull that we recently sold to a grassfed beef farm in
North central Oklahoma:

3 yrs old

I hope you kept some of his offspring. I don't know if I've ever seen such a fat bull.

I thought it was muscle?? We had not been feeding them anything extra since early spring. Finally got some more-or-less regular rains here in SW Okla

Very nice bull Jeanne, one of the better ones posted lately. I glad to see you posting.

Alan

Yes, we are acquainted with the nice folks at Backbone Ranch. A large majority of their herd comes from our farm. Hays is a very good photographer. It is not always easy to take good photos of animals; you must have lots of patience and a digital camera.

Packo looks great Carole! We currently have 6 calves sired by Packo, 5 heifers and a bull. We are really pleased with all of his calves. We will be retaining at least two of his daughters for ourselves, but they are all extremely uniform in quality. The bull calf that he sired will definitely be a bull prospect.
Here is one of his 6 month old daughters. She will be one that we retain.
612%20heifer%206%20months_zps6yezedjh.jpg

This next photo shows his bull calf at 3.5 months. He has grown and filled out even more since this photo was taken; he is really wide.
625%20Bull%203.5%20months_zpsrrgrjzka.jpg

Kingfisher":14kps95c said:
What a toad! Good to see you!
I suppose you know "Backbone?"

All of our cattle came from OK Jeanne's herd up in Oklahoma. She has been breeding Murray Greys for about 20 years and has developed one of the finest Murray Grey herds in the country. She has provided us with a lot of assistance with our breeding program over the past 5 years. I really hope that we can continue to preserve the amazing work that she has done with her herd.

[sarcasm]

You people are obviously crazy. He's way too short to be economically viable for any producer anywhere. Look at that guy?! He's pretty much just a short, dumpy, fat-assed bull. Who'd be interested in something that was barrel-shaped when there are so many more stylish options out there?! And, even if he were the right height, he's always going to be the wrong color. Don't you people know that the only cattle worth owning are solid black?

[/sarcasm]

...nice bull. :)

This is a first calf heifer, granddaughter of OK RainKing, a bull we got from OK Jeanne - just a nice sort of under-the-radar kind of cow, getting the job done.

WalnutCrest":2j9sm2ql said:
[sarcasm]

You people are obviously crazy. He's way too short to be economically viable for any producer anywhere. Look at that guy?! He's pretty much just a short, dumpy, fat-assed bull. Who'd be interested in something that was barrel-shaped when there are so many more stylish options out there?! And, even if he were the right height, he's always going to be the wrong color. Don't you people know that the only cattle worth owning are solid black?

[/sarcasm]

...nice bull. :)

:lol:

chluke":2mlmknpa said:
This is a first calf heifer, granddaughter of OK RainKing, a bull we got from OK Jeanne - just a nice sort of under-the-radar kind of cow, getting the job done.

Awww! A pretty new baby; and momma with a nice full udder! It is always satisfying to see that scene :)

OK Jeanne":3jfhyq5y said:
I thought it was muscle?? We had not been feeding them anything extra since early spring. Finally got some more-or-less regular rains here in SW Okla

Looks like he has plenty of muscle as well. A little extra fat on bull on pasture is a good thing in my mind when you consider just how lean a bull is normally. Don't take it as a insult he is a great looking animal and If he jumped the fence and got in with my cows I wouldn't be in any hurry for him to leave.

Latest posts