Multi-national business

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Anyone work with a multi-national business and have any tips or cautions one should be aware of? If all goes well one of my little ideas is going to get off the ground and I'll be conducting business globally. I had tried to do it here but the fees, permits and licenses would cost me $30,000 before I could lay the first brick so I opted out of this madness after wasting $1800 due to a overzealous ignorant government official and chose to either scrap the idea or look elsewhere for a more favorable business friendly climate and settled on Denmark.

I couldn't be more pleased with the arrangement thus far. I have an engineer ready and willing to partner in this venture, he has the manufacturing in place and have received a finished prototype today in the mail as promised. Will have a meeting with my partner this week to get a second opinion on the prototype and will probably do some tests with it before we give the go ahead for volume manufacturing.

My plan is to pay COD for the manufactured units and we will do the marketing on this end. This is a very specialized product but we should be able to sell it easily to the government and a few other specialty contractors and they are not cheap or easily reproduced. I doubt we will get rich on the deal but every little bit helps. I'm not in anyway worried about the business end of it on either shore what I'm mainly concerned about are regulations and such in this country being it has been the source of all the problems thus far.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

You sorced out the manufacturing of your new production to a foreign country because of american regulation, red tape and other federal bs ?

Another American forced to do business over seas because our country won't work with its citizens. That said, if you were from China our goverment would bend over to help you. Maybe what money you make can some how be tax free? Good Luck

Kerley, sounds sort of bad of me but that sort of sums it up. In a way it will be tax free because I won't be buried in regulatory debt before I sell the first unit. Its much easier to take the risk of doing this when I'm not buried in debt with nothing to show for it other than a costly papers giving me permission to risk my own money. As it stands, instead of paying off debt I'll be turning a much quicker profit. Of course I won't be creating any jobs but .... I did at least try. What was really refreshing was the attitude of the Danes. They have a "will can do" attitude rather than all the negative "can't do cause" comments I received when considering doing it here. I'm kinda psyched and am glad to see this may come to be cause I could use some extra money. I guess I'm getting a little concerned because I've accomplished more in a month dealing with them than I have in six years working on it here. Its almost been too easy and there might be a monster in the closet somewhere which is the reason I posed this question.

Is just the manufacturing gonna be overseas, or is part of the actual biz gonna be overseas. if its just the manufacturing side, then it seems to me the biz is still here. How do plan to transport. Cargo ship, air freight.either way make sure the cargo is insured. And make sure you got a patent pending or something of the like before you get your idea snagged. It may not be easy to reproduce, but if its profitable, someone will try

1982vett":1zed469d said:
upfrombottom":1zed469d said:
The first thing you'll have to do before you open a successful mass production facility is learn Spanish.
In Denmark?

DENMARK IS THE 6TH BIGGEST FOREIGN INVESTOR IN MEXICO AMONG THE EU COUNTRIES
With an accumulated value of 1,457.8 million USD invested in Mexico between the years 1999 and 2009, Denmark is among the 12 largest foreign investors in Mexico. Danish Companies have accumulated directed investments for between 42 and 251 million USD pr year during the period, which makes Denmark the 6th largest European investor en Mexico.

The main Danish investors are Larger Danish companies, but also smaller and medium sized Danish companies are investing in Mexico, setting up production and sales facilities in Mexico. The main reason for many Danish companies to invest in Mexico is the closeness to the attractive US market, reaping the combined benefits of the NAFTA Free Trade Agreement. A growing buying power among the local population also is worth mentioning.
The governmental investment office ProMexico, has been set up by the Mexican government in order to facilitate foreign investment in Mexico. This organisation is a product of the improved investment conditions in the country. It is especially within industrial manufacturing and financial service that Mexico is receiving a large amount of foreign direct investments.
For further information about investment possibilities in Mexico, please contact the Danish embassy.

What kind of inport taxes will you have to pay to bring your product back into this country? Just something to think about.

hillbillycwo":2jh2l93s said:
What kind of inport taxes will you have to pay to bring your product back into this country? Just something to think about.

Haven't a clue, kinda what I was hoping to find out with this thread. But its supposed to be free trade right? ;-) But I think that their idea of freedom is somewhat different than mine.

Yeah know what you mean but NAFTA doesn't work in this situation. The federal trade commision should be able to answer that question though I would think.

I think they'd probably be on vacation or be to busy or think fo comes after three so I think I'm gonna just stay under the radar. No need in partnering with someone who doesn't do anything but get in the way.

Latest posts