MULE TERMS

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
yeah it's rainy and cold, too nasty to cut fence post so im surfing... ran on to this. some of these i can relate LOL

Glossary of Mule Terms
Hock: Financial condition of all mule owners.

Stall: What your rig does at rush hour in an unfamiliar city on the way to a big trail ride.

A Bit: What you have left in your pocket after you've been to your favorite tack shop.

Fence: Decorative structure built to provide your mule with something to chew on.

Mule Auction: What you think of having after your mule bucks you off.

Pinto: Green coat pattern found on freshly washed light colored mules left unattended for 2 minutes.

Well Mannered: Hasn't stepped on, bitten, or kicked anyone for a week.

Rasp: Abrasive metal tool used to remove excess skin from ones knuckles.

Lunging: Popular training method in which a mule exercises their owner by spinning them in circles until dizzy.

Gallop: Customary gait a mule chooses when returning back to the barn.

Nicely Started: Lunges, but not enough health insurance to even think about riding him.

Colic: Gastro-intestinal result of eating at mule fair food stands.

Jack: What your mare gives you when you want a mollly.

Easy to Load: Only takes 3 hours, 4 men, a 50lb bag of oats, and a tractor with loader.

Easy to Catch: In a 10x10 stall.

Easy Rider: Rides good in a trailer; not to be confused with "ride-able".

Endurance Ride: End result when your mule spooks and runs away with you.

Hives: What you get when receive the vet bill for your 6 mules, 3 dogs, 4 cats, and 1 donkey.

Hobbles: Walking gait of a mule owner after their foot has been stepped on by their mule.

Hay: Expensive substance used to manufacture manure.

Dog House: What you are in when you spend too much money on grooming supplies and pretty halters.

Light Cribber: We can't afford to build anymore fencing or box stalls for this buzz saw on four legs.

I will add one more.

Sucker: Me, for being a long ears fanatic.

I had to sell off four donks a couple of weeks ago. I went out, loaded them, watched then go out the gate and stood with my check in hand, in the middle of the pasture crying like a baby. That included a jenny and jenny foal born on Sept 11 of this year, and a breeding pair that have always been companions and friends.

I had another little jack two days ago. Nicodemus. Missed the foaling, and when I found them, he was dry and has not imprinted on me yet. Looks like I am going to be spending a lot of time in the barn over the next few weeks.

They are like my children.

congrats on your little jack....no better place to be than inthe barn w a new baby... i sat on my 3 yr arab mule colt yesterday for about 15 min in the barn.. i should be selling her but...if i get her under saddle i know she'll be right here w the rest of my herd.. thats why my mare is at janes,, i dont want to breed her .. cuz i cant sell them LOL gotta love those long ears !

Latest posts