Military terms put in perspective

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

photo-83.jpg

It's just a light hearted joke cb. Don't read too much into it. I wasn't in the military but I found it amusing. No offense intended

Hook I know you meant it as a joke.
I just find it disrespectful to people who keep me safe.
There are several on this board that have son's in the Air Force.
Some of the boy's I got to know when my son was in didn't get to come home.
One of our member's has been fighting off and on since 9/11 and has not been with his family the last four Christmas.

Maybe it's just me.

I gotcha cb. My dad was af. I got the pic from someone in the af. Several people from all walks of the miltary found it funny. It's a military rivalry thing.

Caustic Burno":1f0sietn said:
Hook IMO you crossed the line with that one.

There are Air Force personal they call Combat Controllers who are just as tough as any other special forces. They get dropped behind the lines with lasers and get to paint targets for the Fighters and the bombers.

I asked my oldest son when he was in the Air Force what he thought of these kinds of jokes. He laughed and said he probably wasn't going to apologize for being smart enuf to join the Air Force. He did say however that he would not have joined if he knew they were going to send him to a war zone.....Omaha :shock:

3waycross":brcnlm1u said:
Caustic Burno":brcnlm1u said:
Hook IMO you crossed the line with that one.

There are Air Force personal they call Combat Controllers who are just as tough as any other special forces. They get dropped behind the lines with lasers and get to paint targets for the Fighters and the bombers.

I asked my oldest son when he was in the Air Force what he thought of these kinds of jokes. He laughed and said he probably wasn't going to apologize for being smart enuf to join the Air Force. He did say however that he would not have joined if he knew they were going to send him to a war zone.....Omaha :shock:

They also have another group that flies in and set's up forward bases my son was in that group.
Couldn't remember the name had to call him, Civil Engineers quick strike team.

3waycross":24d85zok said:
Also forgetting the Pararescueman.

My brother in law is a SEER trainer for the af.
He saw the humor in it. Just saying

hooknline":3nixfjjl said:
My brother in law is a SEER trainer for the af.
He saw the humor in it. Just saying
An army guy added:

Army – Foxhole

Marines – Foxhole with six inches of water

Air Force – Holiday Inn WITHOUT room service

OOPS: turns out he's AF and says the other services are just jealous

FarmGirl10":2fh0ghr1 said:
3waycross":2fh0ghr1 said:
Also forgetting the Pararescueman.

Sorry I did forget them! :tiphat:

Of most everyone here, I would have thought caustic would have enjoyed this most. Him being so good with word play and all.

All of the military guys I sent it to got a hoot out of it. A couple were even AF types.

dun":16j7fxoj said:
All of the military guys I sent it to got a hoot out of it. A couple were even AF types.
We all love air crappers....everytime I see an AF jet go over I just give him a wink and think "Giv'em he77" buddy.

hooknline":24i1ziz3 said:
Of most everyone here, I would have thought caustic would have enjoyed this most. Him being so good with word play and all.

Our military people set on a pedestal with me.
I can take a joke, laugh at one on me, and really enjoy a good one.
I have a lot of fault's you have never seen me post anything disrespectful or joking when it comes to our military.
The Service Man has given me all my rights and privileges paid for in blood not the politican.

I was 504th PIR 82nd Airborne. What you posted hook was tame compared to what we used to call the AF guys. We loved those guys though. I think they new every birdshiite joke known to man when they got their shots in on us :lol:

Army, Air Force, and Marine Generals were standing in front of a rappelling tower with a Navy Admiral. The Air Force General says to the others, "My men are the most courageous of the Armed Forces."

"Ha!" said Army, "My men are the most courageous and I'll prove it."

Army calls a Private over from the tower. He tells the Private, "I want you to jump off that tower - no rope, no parachute."

"Yes, Sir!!!" the Private yells and proceeds to climb the tower. The Private walks to the edge, yells "Hoo-ahh!" and jumps off the tower. He is killed instantly upon impact.

"That's nothing," the Air Force General said, bored. He calls a Senior Airman over. "Son, I want you to jump off that tower - no rope, no parachute and I want you to do it with style."

"Yes, Sir!!!" the Senior Airman yells. He climbs to the top of the tower, walks to the edge and jumps. He executes a swan dive that would make Greg Louganis proud, hits the ground and dies on impact.

"Hmmph," the Marine growled. "Ya'll obviously forgot the Marine Corps were here," he said (yelling "Marine Corps!" as all Marines tend to do.)

He calls a Lance Corporal over. "Marine, I want you to jump off that tower and make the Corps proud!"

The Corporal yells, "Ooh-rah!", by way of response and runs to the tower. He grabs an M-60 and ammunition belt on the way and wraps the belt around himself in the Pancho Villa style. He climbs the tower and walks to the edge. Upon reaching the edge, he throws two grenades into the air, yells "Semper Fi Do or Die!" and jumps off. He starts shooting the M-60 in mid-air, clipping treetops and yelling the entire way down. His impact is obscured by the two exploding grenades. When the smoke clears, only little pieces of the Marine are left.

The others are impressed and nod their heads in admiration. Then the Admiral says, "That's nothing." The others turn to face the Admiral, their faces in disbelief. The Admiral calls a Seaman over who was cleaning latrines. "Son, I want you to jump off that tower- no rope, no parachute."

The Seaman looks the Admiral in the face and says, "Screw you! You kiss my ass first!" and walks off.

The Admiral turns to the others and says, "Now THAT'S courage!"

At the 'swearing in' ceremony for my daughter there were members from all branches of the service swearing in at one time. Before they started the lieutenant(?) asked the recruits how they slept the night before. There were replies of "Good Sir" coming from around the room. The Lieutenant replied "That's good because you won't be getting much sleep for the next 10 weeks. Well, except for you going into the Air Force, you will get plenty of naps."

Latest posts