Moving Weak Cattle in Water

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3jabnb4e said:
SteppedInIt":3jabnb4e said:
ALACOWMAN":3jabnb4e said:
Plastic barrels cut in half,,pieces butted side by side.. Will hold hay and cubes...won't take but a few minutes to throw together..I've cut em with a skill and tie em together...Good luck with them...
I can do this. Didn't think about that. Thanks.
Where you able to get feed to your cattle?
Water recede enough to get them out?
I know there was no feed in the area cause we sent some to Buna FFA .
I had to bring them square bales by boat a few times. Water was finally down enough I made my first trip on land last Thursday the 8th. Overall I am glad to have them. I lost one heifer that disappeared. Figure water got her. Lost another heifer Friday got sick after water went down. Got one down that I have been giving antibiotic and b12. She seems fine, just won't get up. She has pink above her hooves so I am assuming a kind of rain rot and it must be causing her pain. The rest are starting to act normal. Some of em look like they got rain rot on their legs. B12 came from Buna FFA and I have been getting square bales and cubes from Donations at the cowboy church. Thanks to anyone who donated. My flatbed trailer was under water and I haven't gotten to it to regrease the wheels and check brakes, in order to go find hay. The donations have been extremely helpful and appreciated. I have been able to focus on the cattle and getting my fence cleaned up and repaired.

I was down that way today unbelievable where the water line was on the trees. Never before in my lifetime.
I know what we sent wasn't near enough.
I don't know who the guy is South of Kountze he has a bumper crop of round bales on the ground.

I don't have any contacts but there was a guy rolling hay on Chase airbase just east of Beeville in south TX that talked like,he,would give,it away. It looked good. The cattle association, down there is,offering to help with,feed and,hay

Latest posts