Most everything you can find on this farm...

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
:lol: That's the title, I can't think of anything creative today.

DSCF0551.JPG

The flood gates have been opened...TONNES of water in the background. Thats right, we got a LOT of rain the last couple days, but the grass has prospered thanks to all that. But you can't really see it in the foreground in this pic, because this part's been overgrazed.

DSCF0552.JPG

Spider investigating something with a couple BIG friends looking on...

DSCF0553.JPG

Nosey steer!

DSCF0554.JPG

Moss growing...get this....BESIDE a log! Not ON, it's gotta be BESIDE... :roll:

DSCF0559.JPG

A distant bush behind a clump of budding trees

DSCF0560.JPG

Scenery of a marsh, and rocks at the base of a "flowering" twinned aspen

DSCF0561.JPG

Farm beyond the grove of trees and fertilized grass (explains the tracks)

DSCF0562.JPG

Glistening water from rain a couple days ago that flooded the pasture

DSCF0563.JPG

Another flooded pasture pic, showing the extense of it from the pasture to the corral and over on to the neighbor's field.

DSCF0565.JPG

Dad working on the seed-drill, getting it ready for seeding time

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0570.JPG

DSCF0571.JPG

Can't forget about the cattle..they were pretty lazy today soaking up the sun and recouperating from all this rain.

DSCF0572.JPG

First flowering thing on here...a little Johnny-Jump-Up. :D Pic didn't turn out the way I would've liked it too, but oh well.

nice pics. my goodness how much rain did you get? i dont think your dad needs to be in a hurry to get that seed drill goin. looks like you got plenty of time before that water dries up.i really like the one of them soakin up the sun. they really look like they're enjoyin it.

Thanks

The water's been going down pretty quickly with this now-sunny weather and drying things up, so it'll probably be a matter of days when he can get on the fields.

Btw, we got over 2" of rain: 2 and 3/10 " 's to be exact. And that was over TWO days of rain.

wow only two inches of rain did that? sheesh we just got seven and it looks like that. you musta been gettin alot of rain lately?

cattleluvr18":15hcxubr said:
wow only two inches of rain did that? sheesh we just got seven and it looks like that. you musta been gettin alot of rain lately?

Well, that's about the only time it's rained that much, really. This week....no rain. So no, not lately.

Latest posts