Most durable ear tags

Help Support CattleToday:

1wlimo":h483jv92 said:
You would think but they seam the break and tear when it is cold. The Allflex tag can do this too.
Yeah I've seen the others break in half on the front also. Z Tags are pretty soft so I've never lost one or had it break.

Mid South Guy":mn4u0212 said:
I discovered with the button type, if you put the button on the inside of the ear and the tag hanging from outside on the back of the ear, they stay in better. It's a lot harder for a cow to snag the back of her ear than something hanging in front.

Did you discover this accidentally? :D

used z-tags for years til price went up then switched to y-tags. have seen no difference in tags lost. z-tags get real hard to see in three or four years

jerry27150":1sfvy0xq said:
used z-tags for years til price went up then switched to y-tags. have seen no difference in tags lost. z-tags get real hard to see in three or four years
Double application of ink prior to application usually handles this great.

LRTX1":1e3wgb23 said:
Mid South Guy":1e3wgb23 said:
I discovered with the button type, if you put the button on the inside of the ear and the tag hanging from outside on the back of the ear, they stay in better. It's a lot harder for a cow to snag the back of her ear than something hanging in front.

Did you discover this accidentally? :D

It was more of an unforseen benefit using insecticide tags. Put them in the right ear normally then put them on the back of the left ear so it didn't cover the numbered tag. Had a lot of insecticide tags lost out of the right ears and none lost in the left ears. Started doing all tagging that way and had much better results.

Latest posts