more stupid lease bs

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd run 2 strands of hot wire around the place and hang signs warning people of the wire. It might cost me in the long run but id figure out how to make the renters move or stay on their side of the fence. I'd also stop all improvements that i was doing to the property. Let it grow up until they kick me off the lease and by that time they will need a dozer to make pasture out of it again .

Brute 23":3q79yvpj said:
IMO you have nothing to lose by calling their bluff. If they back down you win... if they kick you off... it was probably for the best any ways.

Some people get great satisfaction out of being difficult. Could take a lot of therapy sessions to figure it out what happened during their childhood and why it is probably all their mothers fault. :nod: .
Some people are just stupid. Even expensive therapy won't help them, and fighting with them won't help you.
Sounds like you are digging into the insurance details, and know what your walk away option is. I would consider taking a time out, listen to some Kenny Rogers, and then coming back with a smile and a multi year lease request, if you really want that property. Like Jogeephus said - - the house renter probably has the upper hand, and some may even anticipate gains from you being gone...

yea..i think he might be trying some crap on me like that...but itll be dam hard to keep a cow on that place if they aint mine....

ever seen one with their horns stuck in and cant get out? for days? cows are always looking for a place to die....

any chance to be able to re-fence some of it so they get a little bit of yard to play in? Or do they already have plenty of yard?

i'd put a few trail cameras up if they are throwing stuff at your cows.

I think what Jo was saying is the landlord receives rent from you and the home tenant. The home pays more rent then the land, so when it comes down to a problem the one renting the land will lose the rights to be there.

Therefore, it is in your best interest to do what can be done to get along with the home tenant. If you can't do that it will only be a matter of time before you're asked to not bet there. Pretty much common sense. You can aggravate the neighbor enough he threatens the owner he's moving. At that point the owner ask you to move! She need their rent more then your rent.

I see the trying to get along with your neighbours, but it works both ways. The neighbors need to stay where they belong and there's no problems. I don't want anyone on my property leased or otherwise, I can see not being able to keep the landowner off their property. When do you want me come down with my trailer down.

dieselbeef":ntuo7xz8 said:
owner didn't say I pay nothing..the douche renter did cuz he don't know nothing bout my deal. I have got along with him til now..now he is costing me money and grief so pizz on him..now instead of me overlooking crap and mentioning things to the renter ill just be a my side yer side of the fence ahole and take everything to the owners daughter....cuz I didn't need a million dollar policy or have to totally redo my homeowners and cars under the umbrella. everything was fine til he thought he was entitled to put a tire swing up in my pasture and whined to the owners daughter about me telling them to take it down...puzzy move....men don't do that

My apologies I must have misunderstood since I was just basing my reply off what you said in your original post.

dieselbeef":ntuo7xz8 said:
he tells me landlord said he could use the pasture since I wasn't paying anything for it..i told him that's bs..I do pay for it..and insure it...and my lease agreement says it is mine to use as I see fit..

I lease a fair amount of land in my job and view it as a necessary evil. Add a person add a problem but when the problems become more than what the income is worth I'll revoke the lease. I also require a $2 million policy so a million isn't unreasonable. My lease agreement also has a clause that you can be booted if you don't play well with the neighbors because I don't like drama.

I once had a problem neighbor who threatened to shoot my cattle when he thought I was fencing off his land. I got to know him and got the surveyor to talk to him and explain things and he is now a great neighbor and helps me out all the time. Problems can sometimes be turned into win/win deals if you approach them in the right way. Like suggested. Back up and cool off and approach this from a different angle because I don't think you are going to win this battle. Good luck with it. :2cents:

Latest posts