More Pictures - Hereford Tour 2008

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Here are more pictures from October 1st and 3rd. I took two friends on a tour of local Hereford herds.

Ron & Nadine Wells. Ron is Secretary-Manager for the Ontario Hereford Association and also the National Marketing Manager for Canada East for the Canadian Hereford Association. Nadine is a Zone Director for the Western Ontario Hereford Zone.
P1010336.JPG

This is a April calf of a RA bull off of a cow that I sold to a local young producer. He runs about 40 cows. The calf's dam is behind her.
P1010329.JPG

This is the cow. Her condition really runs down during the summer, but she always raises the biggest calf in the herd and pushes her breeding date ahead every year.
P1010328.JPG

The calves on the left and right are off a Limo bull, off of 1/2 Herf, 1/2 Char cows. The middle calf is off a RA bull of of 1/2 Herf, 1/2 Char cows.
P1010324.JPG

Same calves
P1010323.JPG

_____________________ Different Breeder___________________________________

These are purebred Hereford and Hereford cross Red Angus calves from a local purebred breeder. It was weaning and shipping day at this place. These are the keepers. These are March calves.
P1010322.JPG

A good looking purebred Herf heifer.
P1010321.JPG

More calves.
P1010320.JPG

Sire of the calves pictured. He comes from a purebred Herf breeder near Ashern, Manitoba.
P1010316.JPG

Some of the cowherd. They were running about 100 cows last year, but had bull injury troubles and a bunch of cows came up open and were shipped.
P1010314.JPG

MORE PICTURES TO COME!!! :cowboy:

Hi Aaron! Mytfarms here. Now before IluvABeef gets here, YES THOSE HERF CHAR CROSS CAVES LOOK GREAT! Well, and so do the rest of them. Still think they'd all be better of they were black.

Those are some nice cattle, Aaron...that calf in the second pic is a real looker in my books. Same with that bull.

And yes blkcowz, the charX calves look real nice too. ;-) Although I think we all can figger out by now that every red animal'll look better if it's black, according to you. No offence but try not to say that in every comment you post...pleeze...

Latest posts