More Fuel for PETA

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":3uvn0oyc said:
I agree 100% TB. I was just showing a different angle. My daughter judges pigs and cows so yes I have seen them plenty. I ask some of the boy's are you keeping your eyes on the judge or on my daughter. :D
When they guys keep wanting to show the same animals (pig steer, etc) as your daughter you better get the big stick out. ;-)

sim.-ang.king":2b8zeh1j said:
Better take what you see with a grain of salt, when it's coming from these long, edited videos. The guy taking the video didn't say anything because he's working for PETA, and is just wanting as much footage as he can get. You don't know about the workers either, they very well could be payed to beat on them as much as they can to get better footage, don't believe me they would do that? You sure are going to have a wake up call. You also have to wonder about how long ago this video was taken. These anti groups have 1000's of hours of footage from the past 20 years, and they bring up some "new shocking footage" when it goes along with what ever they are fighting against at the moment.
What they did isn't right, but i'm still not going to believe this video till they actually do something about it.

I guess if seeing is believing then you must be Stevie Wonder -sim... How you can say you take what you SEE with a grain of salt says a lot about your character.. Especially when you see animals getting treated this way.. I don't care for PETA but people like these are the reason PETA exists. I don't understand how a person could or would even say what you just said. I guess it all boils down to your pour upbringing, the fact that you have already posted pictures of dead animals in your traps on here speaks volumes. Hopefully you will grow up sooner or later or at least show more respect for life than this..

All i'm saying is you can't trust any of these propaganda sites, or videos. If you knew anything about large scale piglet production you would know that at a sow barn you wouldn't have sows getting ready to birth, and then have a bunch of piglets that are being weaned at the same time. So that tells me right there that the camera guy didn't film this all in one day. More like over a 2 week period. Does that really sound like someone that is worried about the welfare of the pigs, or stopping the abuse at this barn? If it took him more then 2 mins to say something while it was going on, then it's apparent that he's only looking to get more footage, and he is at much fault as them doing it. If you saw someone getting mugged, would you pull out your camera and start recording it, and then go post it on some site to end mugging? Sure hope not! I would hope you would either do something right there, or go get the police right away. Another question is why didn't they show the police report from when they reported this abuse to the police? Or at least give the name of this so called tyson farm? These videos always smell of horse dung, and have to many questions that need to be answered.
Every single mom, or house wife is going to see this video, and stop buying meat from tyson, and walmart because they think this is what happens to all of their food. You know who that is going to hurt? You, me, and every animal farmer out there. I must say i'm actually kind of worried about some of you for even posting something so propaganda filled from a site that is only looking to do harm. We as animal farmers (doesn't matter if it's pigs or cows) shouldn't even acknowledge sites, or videos like these because those videos aren't who WE are, or what WE do, and WE shouldn't support it by posting it on OUR sites that show how WE really work!
Come on guys! That video, camera guy, and site aren't looking to end abuse, or to show you how evil these workers are, they are looking to end a industry, and I thought some of you that call yourselves wise would of seen the true intent threw the graphic images.

Really wish this site had a rule like another site i'm on. NO LINKS TO ANTI WEBSITES.

Ark, you remind me of a anti I once followed to a couple different trapping sites, to bad I never picked up his IP.

Thank i'm going to quit posting for a while, maybe just on the "What I'm seeing Today" thread, really don't need anymore pig crap in my life, got plenty of it already.

Sim I think we already agreed the film was edited...all film is edited. And regardless of the time period involved this shyt happened....and these types of idiots ARE the kind that hurt an industry and give it a black eye. Really no difference than the puppy mills that you hear about all the time. So many rules now that it's pretty dang hard to be a "registered dog breeder". This may truly hurt the pork industry but it won't have a dam thing to do with the quality of pork, any health hazards of health benefits. It will have everything to do with how the animals are raised and treated. Agree or disagree this type of employee behavior is not appropriate for any operation and these "employees" should be arrested and prosecuted or their next victim just might be a child.

Red Bull Breeder":3ckxnrb2 said:
Why was the target of this Walmart. Walmart sure isn't the only one this company supplies.

I was just sure the video was going to be showing how Walmart treated their employees, not someone abusing pigs. Seriously, there are at least two agendas behind the video. One to make Walmart look bad which is unnecessary because their upper management has already done that and the other agenda is to give their group some creditability.

If they are truly against that kind of behavior why don't they put their energy into saving the life of just one unborn baby?

The subject is about PETA and the abuse of pigs, not about condoning human over population.

Like any video, one has to filter through the garbage to see what might be real and decide whether it's worth being concerned about. I found one site that reported one of the facilities was investigated and no was abuse was found. Walmart is just the vehicle to affect change for the people behind these videos and those concerned about any abuse. As to Walmart employees, no one forced them to go to work there and they can leave at any time.

Way too many people have to work two jobs or more to make ends meet. I'd rather have them working at Walmart than expecting the government to take care of them. I also believe that if they were making a decent wage and working full time hours, Walmart would be financially ahead. Let's see, that would be a win win for everybody.

We have a Supercenter here that has around 22 checkout lanes and if you find more than four of them being used at one time it makes the front page of our newspaper. :tiphat:

Fly-guy":1cr9wyng said:
Way too many people have to work two jobs or more to make ends meet. I'd rather have them working at Walmart than expecting the government to take care of them. I also believe that if they were making a decent wage and working full time hours, Walmart would be financially ahead. Let's see, that would be a win win for everybody.

We have a Supercenter here that has around 22 checkout lanes and if you find more than four of them being used at one time it makes the front page of our newspaper. :tiphat:
Most of those people are making about what they're worth or they'd be working someone else. I understand mgrs. are paid pretty well but the turnover of the others is so high they simply don't worry about them.

:lol2: LOL!!! Your right Fly. When I was rebuilding my life and starting over in business, I found myself working there on weekends to pay for groceries. One of my many observations was just as you pointed out - not enough cashiers, -----> because they can't find and keep them. For about 90% of the employees, Walmart is just a stop-gap measure. The other 10% are pretty much the butt of many Walmart jokes - sometimes unfortunately. Of the 10% that are "lifers", about 60% are pretty decent hard working folks. The store management has no say so about anything. They are automatons following a program and they are very rigid about it - mostly. The store policy, rules, etc are all made way up top. As to PETA, They are just doing what anybody who want change or money do -- going at the deepest pockets. This is why the liability insurance folks are doing so well these days! :)

TexasBred":2tmnqik6 said:
Fly-guy":2tmnqik6 said:

Most of those people are making about what they're worth or they'd be working someone else. I understand mgrs. are paid pretty well but the turnover of the others is so high they simply don't worry about them.

That's true in my experience with them. But even the managers are keeping an eye out for better opportunities. Their stories are interesting to say the least. The rest are just warm body count. Training is strictly by computer modules covering everything from running a cash register to handling a box cutter to operating a box crusher. Listen and observe the modules, answer the questions, go on to the next module, until your done and then go out on the floor. Workers Compensation is not by state rules but rather a Walmart/state approved system. So, if you pass out unloading an 18 wheeler, in the heat, with no light, with no water, Walmart will probably be protected and just replace you with another warm body -------- unless you use the "liability" word.

sim.-ang.king":1lcbfb1a said:
All i'm saying is you can't trust any of these propaganda sites, or videos. If you knew anything about large scale piglet production you would know that at a sow barn you wouldn't have sows getting ready to birth, and then have a bunch of piglets that are being weaned at the same time. So that tells me right there that the camera guy didn't film this all in one day. More like over a 2 week period. Does that really sound like someone that is worried about the welfare of the pigs, or stopping the abuse at this barn? If it took him more then 2 mins to say something while it was going on, then it's apparent that he's only looking to get more footage, and he is at much fault as them doing it. If you saw someone getting mugged, would you pull out your camera and start recording it, and then go post it on some site to end mugging? Sure hope not! I would hope you would either do something right there, or go get the police right away. Another question is why didn't they show the police report from when they reported this abuse to the police? Or at least give the name of this so called tyson farm? These videos always smell of horse dung, and have to many questions that need to be answered.
Every single mom, or house wife is going to see this video, and stop buying meat from tyson, and walmart because they think this is what happens to all of their food. You know who that is going to hurt? You, me, and every animal farmer out there. I must say i'm actually kind of worried about some of you for even posting something so propaganda filled from a site that is only looking to do harm. We as animal farmers (doesn't matter if it's pigs or cows) shouldn't even acknowledge sites, or videos like these because those videos aren't who WE are, or what WE do, and WE shouldn't support it by posting it on OUR sites that show how WE really work!
Come on guys! That video, camera guy, and site aren't looking to end abuse, or to show you how evil these workers are, they are looking to end a industry, and I thought some of you that call yourselves wise would of seen the true intent threw the graphic images.

Really wish this site had a rule like another site i'm on. NO LINKS TO ANTI WEBSITES.

Ark, you remind me of a anti I once followed to a couple different trapping sites, to bad I never picked up his IP.

Thank i'm going to quit posting for a while, maybe just on the "What I'm seeing Today" thread, really don't need anymore pig crap in my life, got plenty of it already.

-Sim,
I apologize for the comment about your up-bringing, that was rude and hateful to say.. I was just fast to lash with my tongue instead of thinking about how it would make me feel if someone was to say that about me. Please don't stop posting because of my rudeness or comments you hear on here.. We all have different point of views and will not always agree, sometimes you have to agree to disagree with some folks. I apologize for my rude behavior and I will try my best not to do it again. By the way I really didn't get the Ant comment maybe I am slow or something..lol

Latest posts