More Fuel for PETA

Help Support CattleToday:

Your right, PETA will crawl all over Walmart and this supplier. One would think that a volume supplier should have humane methods of processing.

It is disturbing to see someone have such total disregard for another living thing. I hope they get fired and then prosecuted. The ones doing the filming could have tried to put a stop to it rather than just keep collecting video, too. There is apparently something missing from the brain and the soul of some so-called human beings.

Better take what you see with a grain of salt, when it's coming from these long, edited videos. The guy taking the video didn't say anything because he's working for PETA, and is just wanting as much footage as he can get. You don't know about the workers either, they very well could be payed to beat on them as much as they can to get better footage, don't believe me they would do that? You sure are going to have a wake up call. You also have to wonder about how long ago this video was taken. These anti groups have 1000's of hours of footage from the past 20 years, and they bring up some "new shocking footage" when it goes along with what ever they are fighting against at the moment.
What they did isn't right, but i'm still not going to believe this video till they actually do something about it.

Even if someone paid me, I wouldn't do most of what was shown in that video. I like to think most people wouldn't.

Sure, we've probably all had a time or two in our lives where we "lost it" with an animal and went too far. One of my "hall of shame" moments was beating a dog with a big ol' dead rooster (that she had killed). But most of those actions in the video didn't seem to be provoked by anger, it was just meanness for the sake of meanness. Sub-human, IMHO.

sim.-ang.king":3dx7of4h said:
Better take what you see with a grain of salt, when it's coming from these long, edited videos. The guy taking the video didn't say anything because he's working for PETA, and is just wanting as much footage as he can get. You don't know about the workers either, they very well could be payed to beat on them as much as they can to get better footage, don't believe me they would do that? You sure are going to have a wake up call. You also have to wonder about how long ago this video was taken. These anti groups have 1000's of hours of footage from the past 20 years, and they bring up some "new shocking footage" when it goes along with what ever they are fighting against at the moment.
What they did isn't right, but i'm still not going to believe this video till they actually do something about it.
Horse shyt Sim...this happened in 2012. Open your eyes and watch the film again. Yes I"m sure it's been edited but hard to hide some of the atrocities you're watching.

Taurus yes barbaric...look up the definition.....you expected Mr. Greenjeans?? :mrgreen:

TexasBred":319af4u7 said:
sim.-ang.king":319af4u7 said:
Horse shyt Sim...this happened in 2012. Open your eyes and watch the film again. Yes I"m sure it's been edited but hard to hide some of the atrocities you're watching.

Taurus yes barbaric...look up the definition.....you expected Mr. Greenjeans?? :mrgreen:

Why would the owner of this operation allow this type behavior?

TexasBred":2hit0k8b said:
sim.-ang.king":2hit0k8b said:

So it took them till 2013 to publish this? And why isn't it being held for evidence if they truly were recording this to prosecute those doing it? All sounds like someone more worried about their agenda then worried about actually doing anything about.

Remember this thread, TB?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80754

TennesseeTuxedo":izi3gskm said:

Why would the owner of this operation allow this type behavior?[/quote]

TT good chance he never goes into the areas where the hogs and pigs are housed. Much like many dairies the hired hands do much of the work, with little or no supervision and don't have a clue until something like this comes up.

sim.-ang.king":2la7tzuq said:
So it took them till 2013 to publish this? And why isn't it being held for evidence if they truly were recording this to prosecute those doing it? All sounds like someone more worried about their agenda then worried about actually doing anything about.

Remember this thread, TB?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80754[/quote]

Yep remember it well and stand by my comment (see above). And yes anytime someone can get video like this they definitely have an agenda. He77 I had video cameras all around my dairy as well for this same reason. Caught a boy on camera knocking baby calves around one day and sent him down the road quickly. Same for a milk hand on another occasion. Sim things like this don't make the headlines immediately. A lot of behind the scenes stuff has probably been going the past year to proceed handling this problem.

I know if any of that happened at an operation I was in charge of every worker would be leaving at gun point. I'm absolutely not a peta fan, but that's cruel treatment and bad for the bottom line of the company as well.

Well I can't see beating on a animal at all. But how do you get a pig to go where you want it to?? I would use a hot shot, but that's cruel also. Gouging a pigs eyes is B.S. but have you ever grabbed a cow by it's nostrils with your fingers?? How many folks on here will grab a cows tail and twist it to make it go ahead. I use a knife to castrate my bulls, some folks put a band on the sack and choke the blood off till they fall off, and that's not cruel?? Throwing pigs around is B.S. I think there's better ways to do that no doubt. I don't know why they were culling the pigs, but how would you do it?? For sure you can't shoot them on a concrete floor. Do you hit them in the head with a hammer or a club. I don't know the answers, but I would hate to have someone from peta with a camera following me around. These guy's aren't criminals, they might be illegals though. I do think the one that was punching the sow in the head, would of had a sore head himself if I was there.

highgrit have you ever watched the kids show pigs? They're really not hard to "herd" or move if you know what you're doing. A lot of what commecial animal owners do as part of a management/herd health program might appear to the uneducated as cruel but I've never seen any of it down with the enthusiasm and intensity as these punks were doing what they were doing. Regardless of why reported it, it IS ANIMAL ABUSE.

I agree 100% TB. I was just showing a different angle. My daughter judges pigs and cows so yes I have seen them plenty. I ask some of the boy's are you keeping your eyes on the judge or on my daughter. :D

Latest posts