More bull criticism

Help Support CattleToday:

I hope the bull did good by you. Are you writing memoires? Look ahead to your next opportunity.
Good or bad you cannot undo a do. Good luck on the morrow.

I'm not a great judge but i like him. Maybe lacking length but it could just look that way because he's so stout.

Testicles are balanced with proper size and football shape.
exhibits good width across his topline, I like rumps with a gentle slope. To fault him, I'd like to see more distance between the pin bones in the rear view and his front leg seems a bit short from knee to foot. I believe his calves will be short and wide, with mature height shorter than average and that his best calves will be from taller cows.

Yes his navel was not my favorite and he did pass that on to some of his calves. He has from what little I know about his dam and sire is Simmental, Hereford, and angus. I'm sure there may be one or two other things mixed in there. I bought him at 6 months old and he ran with the herd from then. He gave me some good low birthweight calves that averaged 40-70 lbs. Butch is pretty on point with his calves being on the shorter side. His best growing steer so far is out of one of my biggest and tallest cows. He served his purpose and did what I wanted him to do. He is now on a new farm servicing some heifers. Always thought he looked tasty though.

Latest posts