momma did it again

Help Support CattleToday:

We have ET calves coming from Buffaloes Conclusive next spring.

We will flush her 3 more times through the winter. Just need to use some really unique bulls to maybe get some daughters

Good looking cattle SEC, and very impressive camera work also! For anyone that's tried to photograph cattle, it is really hard to get them in that position!

Great job!

Nice cow, you posted her once before didn't you? A lot of the full color ads in the Angus Journal should look like that cow rather than how they look. Congratulations on her and Conclussive is a good looking bull.

SEC please keep that picture handy and post a link to it whenever someone is wondering what a good bull should look like!

dcara":29jqlw8j said:
What do you mean stronger legs?

More bone and muscle. The legs look a little spindly to me like they'd break the first time she slipped, or maybe have other leg problems from not enough tendon and muscle support. IMHO
dcara- I understand your reference to the "spindly" legs, however that is a "Femininity" characteristic of the Angus breed. This cow is a marvelous example of what the current Angus brood cow should look like! We can nit-pick on many traits and characteristics with any individual, but the important factors pertaining to an Angus Cow are RIGHT THERE! No one is perfect, but this one comes very close to it for the modern representative of the Angus Breed. That criticism relating to her legs is the reason that some breeders are stressing a more 'sturdy' appearing example in their Angus seedstock, and it is why crossbreeding with Continental breeds is popular. But for what this cow characterizes individually - she is nearly perfect. This is NO FUNNEL BUTT! She is the first step OUT of the perpetuating tendency of FUNNEL-BUTT-ism. We need W-a-a-a-y more like her!

DOC HARRIS

SEC":2uowadpr said:
008_8.jpg
[/img]

Right Time son out of a Rainmaker cow that was posted this spring.

Momma is a good rip that does her job well. Looking forward to future flushes from the cow.
SEC- Good, soslid representative bull! One feature that I observe from THIS PICTURE and one which no one has commented about is the obvious (to me, anyway) seemingly pliable hide and feel that he expresses. It just reeks ". . thin, pliable, easy fleshing, and easy keeping" touch that a Herd Sire should possess.

I would like to see a deeper Heart Girth and probably wider chest floor, but from THIS view that is hard to ascertain. He is a great bull, and from a GREAT mamma!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3fs9hxsn said:
dcara- I understand your reference to the "spindly" legs, however that is a "Femininity" characteristic of the Angus breed. This cow is a marvelous example of what the current Angus brood cow should look like! We can nit-pick on many traits and characteristics with any individual, but the important factors pertaining to an Angus Cow are RIGHT THERE! No one is perfect, but this one comes very close to it for the modern representative of the Angus Breed. That criticism relating to her legs is the reason that some breeders are stressing a more 'sturdy' appearing example in their Angus seedstock, and it is why crossbreeding with Continental breeds is popular. But for what this cow characterizes individually - she is nearly perfect. This is NO FUNNEL BUTT! She is the first step OUT of the perpetuating tendency of FUNNEL-BUTT-ism. We need W-a-a-a-y more like her!

DOC HARRIS
DOC, you would have had to go back to school to express your thoughts on her any better. You're right. She is a heck of a brood cow with a heck of a bull to show off. A++ to you. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts