Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I have used three User Names:
Inyati13
Margonme
Bright Raven

The accusations do not mean anything. No harm done. But it may not set well with the User Buck Randall being annoyed by this ignorance.

Just askin...
if someone's new username is deleted by mods/admin almost as soon as it appears on the board, is it still considered one of "theirs"?

In my entire time here, I have never employed any user name other than:

Inyati13
Margonme
Bright Raven

The first 2 user names were banned. I currently use Bright Raven. I have never used another name or ever created a Sock Puppet.

Bright Raven said:
In my entire time here, I have never employed any user name other than:

Inyati13
Margonme
Bright Raven

The first 2 user names were banned. I currently use Bright Raven. I have never used another name or ever created a Sock Puppet.

You can have more than one as several do. You're just not hiding as you think.
You can only talk about cow warts so many times. Boring!
Discuss, fuss, wrassle with the pigs all you want its not against the rules just leave the name calling and vulgar language out including acronyms.

I was just perusing the user agreement. If someone gets banned, how, or why are they able to come back? I moderate another forum and 2 facebook groups, and we dont allow anyone back knowingly.
I realize that this a decision made by others than myself, so please delete if this question isn't allowed

Bright Raven said:
I have used three User Names:
Inyati13
Margonme
Bright Raven

The accusations do not mean anything. No harm done. But it may not set well with the User Buck Randall being annoyed by this ignorance.

I believe this to be fact.....

Dakota Dad said:
I was just perusing the user agreement. If someone gets banned, how, or why are they able to come back? I moderate another forum and 2 facebook groups, and we dont allow anyone back knowingly.
I realize that this a decision made by others than myself, so please delete if this question isn't allowed
Most IMO don't even read what they agreed to comply with.
Really don't ban anyone or want to it's self inflicted injury .
We used to not block the IP's along with email.
It's harder today to return nothing is foolproof for the computer savvy.

We have a problem with the same issues. Sometimes its obvious, and sometimes its not. I was curious, since the OP admitted it how you folks handle it. It sure is not an easy job and the pay leaves a lot to be desired

Dakota Dad said:
If someone gets banned, how, or why are they able to come back?
I wonder about that too. What is the use of banning a person then? What I've seen on CT is they get warned a couple of times, get banned, come back as an alias and continue with their behaviour. They don't learn from the ban...

Dakota Dad said:

You've heard the expression regarding industry "Too big to fail"?
On some boards, some folk are "Too important to be permanently banned"
If you don't think so, ask 'em..or just ask a member of their posse.

alisonb said:
Dakota Dad said:
If someone gets banned, how, or why are they able to come back?
I wonder about that too. What is the use of banning a person then? What I've seen on CT is they get warned a couple of times, get banned, come back as an alias and continue with their behaviour. They don't learn from the ban...
seems like after they get banned a few times,, the more callous they become...and push the envelope...

greybeard said:
Dakota Dad said:

You've heard the expression regarding industry "Too big to fail"?
On some boards, some folk are "Too important to be permanently banned"
If you don't think so, ask 'em..or just ask a member of their posse.
The PM posse?

Dakota Dad said:

Does your other forum issue warnings? Give second chances? Offer forgiveness?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Dakota Dad said:

On the one forum I moderate, we offer one chance, so in a sense there is forgiveness. Beyond that if a user takes advantage of the technology currently in place to gain access, and it is found out, the user is banned permanently via email, username, and ip ban. Granted, we have never had a user openly admit to "gaining" the system.
On the 2 facebook pages I moderate, there is one chance only. Break those rules and you are deleted, no further communication is given.

Dakota Dad said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Dakota Dad said:

On the one forum I moderate, we offer one chance, so in a sense there is forgiveness. Beyond that if a user takes advantage of the technology currently in place to gain access, and it is found out, the user is banned permanently via email, username, and ip ban. Granted, we have never had a user openly admit to "gaining" the system.
On the 2 facebook pages I moderate, there is one chance only. Break those rules and you are deleted, no further communication is given.

sounds like a great place to go.. :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts