Moderators

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you all on facebook like the way they track even your offline activity.. ie.. camera.. microphone..etc.. all recorded.

cowrancher75 said:
Dakota Dad said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Does your other forum issue warnings? Give second chances? Offer forgiveness?
On the one forum I moderate, we offer one chance, so in a sense there is forgiveness. Beyond that if a user takes advantage of the technology currently in place to gain access, and it is found out, the user is banned permanently via email, username, and ip ban. Granted, we have never had a user openly admit to "gaining" the system.
On the 2 facebook pages I moderate, there is one chance only. Break those rules and you are deleted, no further communication is given.

sounds like a great place to go.. :lol2:
We have to be strict, because of facebook cracking down on anything even remotely related to firearms. One is a reloading page, and another is a page related to historical pieces. Any mention of selling, trading etc of firearms or equipment will get the group locked off of facebook.
Carry on

ALACOWMAN said:
M-5 said:
greybeard said:
Huh? I don't know what that is.

That's the ones that would have a hard time fighting their way out of a wet paper sack. They think they are warriors on the internet.
And put a support group together :lol2:
I believe in the kewl internet jargon, that they are called fanboys.

Sounds like half the members on here need to meet somewhere that has one of those big blow up boxing rings that you wear the blow up suit in. They could really get it out in the open then.
I could be wrong but it seems pretty easy to tell the folks the "run" cattle from the ones that "have" cattle on this board. We are on the world wide web guys and anyone can seem like a genius with Google at their fingertips. Who knows Raven and Branded could really be 10 year old boys taking pics of grandpa goofing of on the farm and googling cow sicknesses. Everyone needs to lighten up a little. It is easy to get mad on here then feel like a dodo later cuz you argued with someone you can't even see later though.

I have only had one name since I joined CT, but confess I was put in time out on Facebook. I confess I have no idea why I was put into time out on FB I sent a request to find out but never got a response. The boss thinks it had to do with me talking about semen and breeding. Apparently FB thinks that is talking dirty.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
I have only had one name since I joined CT, but confess I was put in time out on Facebook. I confess I have no idea why I was put into time out on FB I sent a request to find out but never got a response. The boss thinks it had to do with me talking about semen and breeding. Apparently FB thinks that is talking dirty.

Gizmom

In certain circles, it would be. Just a misinterpretation on their part. I don't do FB. CT is the only "social media" I partake in.

We are certainly in the minority when it comes to talking about cattle. I'm sure the boss is right but TT I agree it is just sad. Folks honestly don't consider where or how the food is produced they just want fresh healthy and easy.

Gizmom

gizmom said:

Gizmom
I do know the feeling. Did you know that there is actually a satanic band named "goat semen" and when you google that phrase your computer locks up with viruses? I should have just turned the gal down from the start, especially when I found out that AI on goats involves a headlight and a speculum. :shock:

gizmom said:
Folks honestly don't consider where or how the food is produced they just want fresh healthy and easy.

Gizmom

You are exactly right. Most "rural folk", probably including myself, would be completely shell shocked if they really knew the true extent of how many people think that agriculture is not necessary to sustain life. There are a LOT of people, I say a LOT, that think when they need something to eat they can simply go to the grocery store and get it. Which is true, as long as someone is growing it :nod:

JMJ Farms said:
gizmom said:

Gizmom

In certain circles, it would be. Just a misinterpretation on their part. I don't do FB. CT is the only "social media" I partake in.

X2

I think CT, has really been a good outlet for cattle discussion and other topics, your always going to get the posers that come on and know more than everyone, and usually when they get called out there the first one to call foul and start a thread like this, someone earlier talked about how the internet has made folks on the internet 6ft talk and bullit proof, I would like someone to do the stats on since the internet has started on how much school shootings, ability to cause major chaos, identity theft and others, the list goes on and on, but alot of folks call it progress, but its right at your fingertips.

There are a lot of folks on here with a wealth of knowledge, but every single thread get's dominated by a couple of guy's that own 70 cows between the two of them. It's actually quite comical.

jehosofat said:
There are a lot of folks on here with a wealth of knowledge, but every single thread get's dominated by a couple of guy's that own 70 cows between the two of them. It's actually quite comical.
Could you list the wealth of knowledge posters so i don't have to read through the B.S. to find them?
Seriously, I have owned cattle over 50 years but I'm still learning.

kenny thomas said:
jehosofat said:
Could you list the wealth of knowledge posters so i don't have to read through the B.S. to find them?
Seriously, I have owned cattle over 50 years but I'm still learning.

Yep, I learn something new everyday. Usually it's by keeping my ears and eyes open.

haase said:
I think CT, has really been a good outlet for cattle discussion and other topics, your always going to get the posers that come on and know more than everyone, and usually when they get called out there the first one to call foul and start a thread like this, someone earlier talked about how the internet has made folks on the internet 6ft talk and bullit proof, I would like someone to do the stats on since the internet has started on how much school shootings, ability to cause major chaos, identity theft and others, the list goes on and on, but alot of folks call it progress, but its right at your fingertips.

I am not going to embarrass you by pointing out the grammatical errors like some would.

What your post screams out is that you are intimidated by other posters who exercise the same privilege everyone has to participate in the forum.

If you disagree with what another poster is stating - then express that disagreement. No one is calling "foul". Too often there are exaggerations posted on the forum that get very close to being lies. I think we all have an obligation to set the record straight.

Bright Raven said:
haase said:

I am not going to embarrass you by pointing out the grammatical errors like some would.

What your post screams out is that you are intimidated by other posters who exercise the same privilege everyone has to participate in the forum.

If you disagree with what another poster is stating - then express that disagreement. No one is calling "foul". Too often there are exaggerations posted on the forum that get very close to being lies. I think we all have an obligation to set the record straight.
Ron are you playing Dr. Phil today or trying to be a english teacher? Either way most of us really don't care about grammatical errors or psychoanalysis of each other.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Bright Raven said:
haase said:

Most of us really don't care about psychoanalysis of each other.

I wish you could get that message across to some of the other Users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts