Do we need the Moderators

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chertheberf and Cherokeeruby please stay.
Why should the good people move and give in to a few rotten apels?
I belive the good ones should stay and make the others leave?
Please reconcider your decisions your postings have helped us all and I am sure will do so in the future.

Swiss Cowboy :cboy:

5 "originals" thinking about leaving. that says a lot to me. :(

I alwasy felt it was better to work for change from within then abandon a percieved problem.

dun

dun":mbmy6rha said:
I alwasy felt it was better to work for change from within then abandon a percieved problem.

dun
Dun gotta agree with you.But when one posts a reply or starts a thread on some subject that they are absolutely incorrect on or mis -leading a beginner or anyone else. They should stand to be corrected.I for one will NEVER post anything that I have a shadow of doubt on.Just common sense kicks in.

cherokeeruby":3w4243u1 said:
All the posts here make sense I may join Certherbeef in the exodus. Seems this board has lost its fun and just turned mean.

It has been mean-spirited longer than it has been "dirty"
I sure hope you won't go...but life is too short not to enjoy.
(ollie~i will arm wrestle you any time! I like these people too just to be clear! :lol: )

Crowderfarms":1w7brt2a said:
dun":1w7brt2a said:

dun
Dun gotta agree with you.But when one posts a reply or starts a thread on some subject that they are absolutely incorrect on or mis -leading a beginner or anyone else. They should stand to be corrected.I for one will NEVER post anything that I have a shadow of doubt on.Just common sense kicks in.

Correction without name calling or other forms of mean spirited terms would probably get better results. As I said before, if you got a problem, pm the moderator. If enough people make it known to the powers-that-be (Macon) I'm sure we will resolve the issue and/or tell the moderators to do the same.
What a lot of people seem to forget is that this is Macons sandbox, it's not the beach. Some acceptable behavior at the beach sure wouldn;t be tolerated if it was in my back yard.

dun

In my very humble opinion...none of this is anything new to blow up about. Seems like the sandbox goes through cycles same as most other organizations and scenes. Easiest way to discourage behavior in not to encourage it (pay no attention to show offs! whether they be bullies or streakers!)

cowgal":3t5fobvy said:
cherokeeruby":3t5fobvy said:
All the posts here make sense I may join Certherbeef in the exodus. Seems this board has lost its fun and just turned mean.

(ollie~i will arm wrestle you any time! I like these people too just to be clear! :lol: )

I don't see the mean spirited as some of ya'll do sounds like Cattlemen talking to me which are known to be brutally honest. You have to respect a man for callin it the way he sees it right, wrong, or indifferent . at least you now where you both stand. Not the sneaky political correct crowd of this younger generation.

I don't see the mean spirited as some of ya'll do sounds like Cattlemen talking to me which are known to be brutally honest
It seems that a lot of folks do. The comments used to bother me in the beginning before I came to expect them from some. IMO The complaining by some of the members that have been around for a long time have drove new people away. People would ask a question and the responses would include, "use the search" "that question doesnt belong here, it should be asked in the breeds board" "if you dont know that then you're an idiot and shouldn't have cattle" "I'm tired of answering the same questions" ect,ect.

New members dont know any better. Folks are scared to ask questions anymore for fear of being attacked. Thats why there isn't much cattle talk anymore. For a while if I had a question that concerned the cattle business I would PM folks that I knew would try to help and not belittle. I personally would like to see some of the "old and common" questions being asked. If searches and PMs are increasingly being done, then less questions are being asked on the board for everyone to see and reply. Some may have different opinions than the ones before. The vets are leaving because the boards are not what they used to be. Less cattle talk and more bs.

I'm as guilty as anyone for some of the jokes in the coffee shop. Humor and jokes are the only way I feel that I'm contributing to the board besides asking the dumb questions. I'll clean up the jokes.

9 ER":1zw9rcn1 said:
I don't see the mean spirited as some of ya'll do sounds like Cattlemen talking to me which are known to be brutally honest
It seems that a lot of folks do. The comments used to bother me in the beginning before I came to expect them from some. IMO The complaining by some of the members that have been around for a long time have drove new people away. People would ask a question and the responses would include, "use the search" "that question doesnt belong here, it should be asked in the breeds board" "if you dont know that then you're an idiot and shouldn't have cattle" "I'm tired of answering the same questions" ect,ect.

New members dont know any better. Folks are scared to ask questions anymore for fear of being attacked. Thats why there isn't much cattle talk anymore. For a while if I had a question that concerned the cattle business I would PM folks that I knew would try to help and not belittle. I personally would like to see some of the "old and common" questions being asked. If searches and PMs are increasingly being done, then less questions are being asked on the board for everyone to see and reply. Some may have different opinions than the ones before. The vets are leaving because the boards are not what they used to be. Less cattle talk and more bs.

I'm as guilty as anyone for some of the jokes in the coffee shop. Humor and jokes are the only way I feel that I'm contributing to the board besides asking the dumb questions. I'll clean up the jokes.

You sure hit that nail on the head. It is not necessary to attack someone for asking a question or expressing an opinion.

CKC1586":1ikhw3ot said:
9 ER":1ikhw3ot said:

You sure hit that nail on the head. It is not necessary to attack someone for asking a question or expressing an opinion.

As long as it's not babbling,and has some sense about it.The only dumb question is the one not asked.But when it comes to senseless nonsense, it needs to be addressed, when it's becoming an epidemic from the same poster.It's a waste of time and space.And when someone threats legalities and jail time.

Can we make any stipulations about arrogance on the beginner's board? That is the place where I would like to see some patience and forgiveness. Otherwise...why even call it that? Honesty is great and I respect when a cattleman or cattlewoman, like myself, is clear about their standing on an issue but that is different than "calling out" the new and inexperienced. Just thoughts...maybe not worth 2 squirts as Jake may put it!

The thing I think when you come to ask for advice you should take it and not argue, its kinda like a new job when you first hire. You have to learn how to fit in. Not come out like a bull in a China closet.
You will here no more from me I will just lurk and check my PM's.

Happy Ranching or whatever brings you pleasure.

Campground: You need to re -think your decision. Your posts are too valuable, for a veteran or the beginner.IMHO.

This thing was going on what three months ago. Why can't we all get along? Might as well ask anyone why they do anything. People are the way people are. And if you think you can change them, good luck. My advise for any newby or anyone who cares is to do what you think is right. Here or anywhere. I could be rude and crued just like anyone else that is. The difference is I chose back three or so months when this was going on not to do that. A fine medium to communicate is being destroyed. Make of it what you will.

Scotty

Where is the flagpole~I am ready to fly the flag of melodrama! Now that we have begged and pleaded with you vets to stay...every little splinter is festering up to get noticed as well. Point of interest, I think is that the goofey "Sex Fairy" thread in quesion was allowed to go on and on and on and on....how many pages? It doesn't appear that many if any complained on the first several pages (not trying to justify as Macon specifically says this is a coffee shop and not the bar!) But all this fuss seems really silly and unproductive if you ask me. (I know, I know~nobody is asking me!) ;-) If we would quit making such an issue of it...I would bet a cream soda that things would settle down to the way most of us like or could tolerate it. :D

cowgal":zbaf6bo5 said:
cherokeeruby":zbaf6bo5 said:

I don't post here a whole lot, but this is so true! I think there is a greater problem of people belittling others! You know if you read something that was 10 or 11 pages and it makes you want to puke, why would you read the whole thing! Reminds me of the lady that called the police becuase she could see her neighbors having sex, police arived and cound not see a thing...she said take this mirror and get up on that chair, hold it out as far as you can you'll see they have been at it all day.

certherfbeef wrote:

I have to say that I'm not a fan of these boards right now either. I used to check in at lunch time and in the evening everyday. Granted, things are busy on the home front right now and the computer is not on the "to do" list...but the company here is not what it used to be and there is not much here that I enjoy reading anymore. I tend to use the 'mark all topics read' feature more often that not. Only reason I check in once a week now is because of the private messages.
YA YA, I know. If I don't like it, it won't take as much of it to do me.

I'm fed up and I'm gone.

Thanks Macon. It's been fun.
There are several folks here that I feel I can call friend. I look forward to future meetings and conversation with them. There are ALOT of good people here. I hope the newbies can continue to sort thru the garbage and get some use out of these boards the way Macon intended.

Good Bye all. See some of you later.

cherokeeruby wrote:

Campground Cattle wrote:

The thing I think when you come to ask for advice you should take it and not argue, its kinda like a new job when you first hire. You have to learn how to fit in. Not come out like a bull in a China closet.

For Pete's sake guys, don't you think you are being a little thin skinned on this thing. Maybe I'm just thick headed as well as thick skinned but I actually read the offending post today. Took a quick look at it once before and found it wasn't my cup of tea but today I read it in full. Yes, parts of it are a bit offensive, but so what? There are things that offend me on TV but it doesn't stop me from watching the good programming. There are alot of things that are offensive on the internet but I still use it to source information. Heck, there are people that live in town that I find offensive but that doesn't stop me from going to town. I can't believe that you guys would give up your freedom of speech on this board simply because a few immature clowns said something you didn't like. There's an old saying 'All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men (women) to do nothing'. Sorry to see you give up so easily.

Cattle Rack Rancher":37c43aux said:
certherfbeef wrote:

I have to say that I'm not a fan of these boards right now either. I used to check in at lunch time and in the evening everyday. Granted, things are busy on the home front right now and the computer is not on the "to do" list...but the company here is not what it used to be and there is not much here that I enjoy reading anymore. I tend to use the 'mark all topics read' feature more often that not. Only reason I check in once a week now is because of the private messages.
YA YA, I know. If I don't like it, it won't take as much of it to do me.

I'm fed up and I'm gone.

Thanks Macon. It's been fun.
There are several folks here that I feel I can call friend. I look forward to future meetings and conversation with them. There are ALOT of good people here. I hope the newbies can continue to sort thru the garbage and get some use out of these boards the way Macon intended.

Good Bye all. See some of you later.

cherokeeruby wrote:

Campground Cattle wrote:

For Pete's sake guys, don't you think you are being a little thin skinned on this thing. Maybe I'm just thick headed as well as thick skinned but I actually read the offending post today. Took a quick look at it once before and found it wasn't my cup of tea but today I read it in full. Yes, parts of it are a bit offensive, but so what? There are things that offend me on TV but it doesn't stop me from watching the good programming. There are alot of things that are offensive on the internet but I still use it to source information. Heck, there are people that live in town that I find offensive but that doesn't stop me from going to town. I can't believe that you guys would give up your freedom of speech on this board simply because a few immature clowns said something you didn't like. There's an old saying 'All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men (women) to do nothing'. Sorry to see you give up so easily.

Your right CRR . Cattlemen (and cattlewomen) shouldn't give up the board to clowns..

CRR and WORanch you are right and I was wrong I am not going to let these clowns destroy a good board. its time to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts