Do we need the Moderators

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderators, yes. Censors, no. Tough distinction, sometimes. Glad it's not my job. Some of the rest of you should be, too. ;-)

Texan":3ndgjlbk said:
Moderators, yes. Censors, no. Tough distinction, sometimes. Glad it's not my job. Some of the rest of you should be, too. ;-)
I agree. Being a mod can go to some people heads. There has been a change here even in the short time I have been here.

Texan":1x3ovu40 said:

We used to have some good ones and they were not censors I agree with you Tex.

As far as I know, the moderators are still here. But just as I don;t read every post I'm sure they don;t read every one either. If there's a problem send a pm to the moderators or Macon and it will be taken care of, or pm me and I'll bend their ear on a more direct level.
The problem as I see it is that there is such a fine line between censorship and and properly moderating these discussions.

dun

Another thought. The negative and attack mode that some of the members have exhibited I think in some ways has contributed to some of the problems we're seeing today. If people see some of the flaming that goes on and the less then polite terms that are used towards others, it starts a vicious circle of deterioration (not much of a speller, sorry bout that).
I only read this thread because of a pm so I may not be privy to all of the stuff that has been going on.
Someone referred to "cant we all ust get along" as 60's pap, or some such, but why can't we just get along. Agree to disagree but keep the flaming and slamming to pms and leave the boards to constructive stuff.
I'm sure the moderators, if they still exist and I think the do, will be more dilligent at least for the short term.

As a personal aside, I thought the original post from ZOE that has disappeared was as valid as the question about pigs and other none cattle related questions has been. The first was one persons opinion, the second was from someone that couldn't find a resource close at hand and felt comfortable enough with the people on these boards to ask a none related question. That is as it should be. It has as much bearing on cattle as discussions of deer hunting, favorite recipes or what cut of the cow you prefer.
Just my own personal opinions, and as everyone knows, I am opinionated.

dun

dun":jdhh49wx said:
Another thought. The negative and attack mode that some of the members have exhibited I think in some ways has contributed to some of the problems we're seeing today. If people see some of the flaming that goes on and the less then polite terms that are used towards others, it starts a vicious circle of deterioration (not much of a speller, sorry bout that).
I only read this thread because of a pm so I may not be privy to all of the stuff that has been going on.
Someone referred to "cant we all ust get along" as 60's pap, or some such, but why can't we just get along. Agree to disagree but keep the flaming and slamming to pms and leave the boards to constructive stuff.
I'm sure the moderators, if they still exist and I think the do, will be more dilligent at least for the short term.

As a personal aside, I thought the original post from ZOE that has disappeared was as valid as the question about pigs and other none cattle related questions has been. The first was one persons opinion, the second was from someone that couldn't find a resource close at hand and felt comfortable enough with the people on these boards to ask a none related question. That is as it should be. It has as much bearing on cattle as discussions of deer hunting, favorite recipes or what cut of the cow you prefer.

dun

I have to agree with you dun. I have great respect for you. You are able to offer information and make suggestions and disagree without attacking or demeaning folks. You have been very helpful and kind. We live in a diverse world among people who have different beliefs and experiences and a little tolerance can go a long way. I appreciate that you are willing to share your knowledge and experience. Thank you.

M Gravlee":3smesewd said:
The best Moderator is you! Just don't post that message that needs deleting!

Well said!

dun

Some of you need to think about the saying:

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Some of you probably would no longer be on these boards, calling people stupid, idots, etc. Always starting fights with you smart a$$ remarks.
If you don't have something to say to help the conversation, don't say anything. I guess some of you are just trying to get to that guru status and smart remarks are the only way that you are going to get there.

Who are you talking about that wants to be a Guru? You? Someone else?

It doesn't really mean anything its just a count of post.

cul8r":w9dxyd7b said:
Some of you need to think about the saying:

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Some of you probably would no longer be on these boards, calling people stupid, idots, etc. Always starting fights with you smart a$$ remarks.
If you don't have something to say to help the conversation, don't say anything. I guess some of you are just trying to get to that guru status and smart remarks are the only way that you are going to get there.

people gettin irritated and responding with a post and then you gettin irritated and responding to a post and telling them to not read it if they dont like it. thats a real head scratcher

All the posts here make sense I may join Certherbeef in the exodus. Seems this board has lost its fun and just turned mean.

Not you to Ruby, Certherf was a terrible loss. We lost an educated cowwoman who's knowledge will be sorely missed, by myself and other cattlemen of the board.

Your lose would be almost Titanical in my opinon.

Campground Cattle":6rdnw0be said:
Not you to Ruby, Certherf was a terrible loss. We lost an educated cowwoman who's knowledge will be sorely missed, by myself and other cattlemen of the board.

Your lose would be almost Titanical in my opinon.
I agree! WE NEED YOU here and WE NEED Certherf BACK!

dun":1otss8dz said:

dun

In my humble opinion, dun is right as so many times.
For me the bottom line is simple; "Don't do (talk) to others what you do not want to have done (talked) to you." If what you say to others would hurt your feelings then it very likely hurts the other person too.
I also agree with the comment someone else said, if somebody is asking a quaestion that may or may not have directly to do with cattle but maybe related to it then what is wrong with that. Also if someone askes a question that might be a no brainer to us then that does not mean he or she is stupid. It means they don't know and want, hopefully, an answer and not an insult. In may many seminars I get asked many "stupid" questions but if the people felt they are stupid they wouldn't ask. My Motto is; "There are no stupid questions only stupid answers."
Finally if we not agree with somebody then we can agree do disagree thats democratic without using cussing and demeaning language.
Only my opinion.

Swiss Cowboy :cboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts