Mo roads

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Guy

Reaction score
Haven't done this in awhile but here goes.
Dun and Stocky

Your roads down there are even more crooked than I remember. Also I have never run into so many dead -end roads. Now I know I'm in the Ozarks and the state doesn't have much money but please put up some dead-end signs for us flat-landers. :banana: :banana: :banana:
On another note you guys are even drier than I had thought. I have never seen the lakes as low as they are now. Hope we all get some needed moisture.
I won't be around a computer until late Sunday or Monday so I'm giving you guys time to come up with some good answers. :D :D

More fun watching stranger drive all the way to the end of a dead end road. Sometimes its really funny if they are pulling a trailer and there is no turn around at the end.

Red Bull Breeder":x9sgufcb said:
More fun watching stranger drive all the way to the end of a dead end road. Sometimes its really funny if they are pulling a trailer and there is no turn around at the end.
I do one even better. Out my way alot of tourists get lost looking for branson and i am about 30 miles east, so when someone pulls over and ask's me witch way to branson i say well you need to go down and ride the ferry accross the lake and then it aint to far. I'm not really lying you can get there very easy that way it just ads about 50 miles.

Nobody could possibly understand the aggravation a tourist can be until you are working on the side of the road within 50 miles of Dizzy World.

LRTX1":2v871fjo said:
Nobody could possibly understand the aggravation a tourist can be until you are working on the side of the road within 50 miles of Dizzy World.
Here they just slow way down on every hill, bend in the road or side road, all of our roads are mostly bends and hills. Not that they get going all that fast in the first place.

One thing I did notice about those down there is even though you got a bunch of hills and twist and bends, the condition of your road are a lot then our's. IL seems to be the pot hole capital of the world.

sim.-ang.king":224t7wzs said:
One thing I did notice about those down there is even though you got a bunch of hills and twist and bends, the condition of your road are a lot then our's. IL seems to be the pot hole capital of the world.
IL is the only state I ever blew the tire off the rim hitting a pot hole on a major highway.

Well Denvermartin we down your way made it about half way to your place. Second honeymoon for the wife. Stayed in Branson and caught a show. Saturday we went touring and were about 5-10 miles east of Forsyth (how can you tell with all the twist and turns). :D Some neat country but looks like it can be tough to work. Coming home we went up to Marshall and then over to Moberly where we use to farm. Didn't know that Circle A angus bought the farm where I use to. Over all a real good trip just had to pull some your chains a little. :banana: :banana:

Angus Guy":bezkhek4 said:
Well Denvermartin we down your way made it about half way to your place. Second honeymoon for the wife. Stayed in Branson and caught a show. Saturday we went touring and were about 5-10 miles east of Forsyth (how can you tell with all the twist and turns). :D Some neat country but looks like it can be tough to work. Coming home we went up to Marshall and then over to Moberly where we use to farm. Didn't know that Circle A angus bought the farm where I use to. Over all a real good trip just had to pull some your chains a little. :banana: :banana:
We are about 20 miles east of forsyth on 160 and then 2 miles north on 125 so you were close. After a few years you get so used to the roads you don't even notice the curves,but next week we are moving about another 25 miles north and east so that will be another thing to get used to.

North of the 49Th , our roads often leave something to be desired come spring time.
When the frost is coming out, often the pavement heaves and buckles often cracking the pavement or new potholes are created.
There is an old saying ( don't know if it is true or not) that in the USA only 1% of roads are unpaved,-north of the 49th-- 75% of roads are unpaved..
Anything on a car or truck that can be shook loose, often does come loose..Between all the road salt that is put on during the winter, ( which tends to rust things out) and hitting the wildlife that comes out on the highway to lick the salt, and the potholes in the spring, only the tough vehicles survive..

Nite Hawk":3433qg4u said:
North of the 49Th , our roads often leave something to be desired come spring time.
When the frost is coming out, often the pavement heaves and buckles often cracking the pavement or new potholes are created.
There is an old saying ( don't know if it is true or not) that in the USA only 1% of roads are unpaved,-north of the 49th-- 75% of roads are unpaved..
Anything on a car or truck that can be shook loose, often does come loose..Between all the road salt that is put on during the winter, ( which tends to rust things out) and hitting the wildlife that comes out on the highway to lick the salt, and the potholes in the spring, only the tough vehicles survive..

Depends on your definition of "unpaved" I guess. Lots of the roads around shuld be regarded as "was paved at one time".

Angus Guy, Don't have any great answers for you. Around here, they try to put the road in between the fences. That way most of the cattle stay in the pasture and off the road. I guess it might be a case of the farmers building crooked fences. The dead ends are simply a matter of a road going until it gets to the place where a landowner doesn't want a road to go, then it stops. Next time at Branson, you ought to drive on over to Eureka Springs, Ar. It is the "little switzerland of the Ozarks" Has incredible scenery and old time buildings built into the face of the limestone cliffs. Especially beautiful in the fall.

Latest posts