Mitochondrial DNA

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Any comments on these points?

....consider the reality that modern science can now fertilize the egg from a female with an egg from another female, and thereafter yield a daughter -- all without benefit of sperm, males, or ....

...based on mutation rates of mitochondrial DNA, there existed the possibility that 180,000 to 360,000 years ago, a solitary woman could have become the mitochondrial mother of every living being.
The mtDNA is inherited only maternally, from the mother. It is thus passed intact from great-grandmother to grandmother to mother to daughter with virtually no input from males and thus no mixing, no blending of father's and mother's genes....

When the nuclear DNA in a male's sperm unites with the DNA in the egg of a woman, there is a mixing together of genes like marbles in a tumbler.....Characteristics from both parents are manifest in the baby, a unique human being with a mixture of the parent's genes. But when sperm enters the ovum, only nuclear DNA is believed to enter the egg. So when a baby's cells form and are duplicated, they contain nuclei possessing the genes of both the mother and father, but with the mitochondria containing the genes only of the female parent. It has been that way since the beginning of woman. And with no tumbling of the mitochondria marbles, mutation is basically the only kind of change that can occur in the mtDNA.

http://halexandria.org/dward725.htm

Sooo~~ You're saying we women are perfect,needing no improvement...Heck,I've known that ,like,forever :lol2:

peg4x4":3gcwlrb2 said:
Sooo~~ You're saying we women are perfect,needing no improvement...Heck,I've known that ,like,forever :lol2:

Just goes to show you women are more valuable than men because men can't do the same thing. :mrgreen:

In Uriel's Machine, authors Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas write:

…Neanderthals did not contribute mitochondrial DNA to modern humans; Neanderthals are not our ancestors…

HerefordSire":3nrpdiwc said:

…Neanderthals did not contribute mitochondrial DNA to modern humans; Neanderthals are not our ancestors…

I believe more modern research shows Neanderthals were actually "cross bred" out of existence as they were once known and now exist in part in modern homosapiens. Sort of like whitail and mule deer breeding until one no longer exists in an area OR all you have left is a cross of the two.

TexasBred":2bdtgfo6 said:
HerefordSire":2bdtgfo6 said:

I believe more modern research shows Neanderthals were actually "cross bred" out of existence as they were once known and now exist in part in modern homosapiens. Sort of like whitail and mule deer breeding until one no longer exists in an area OR all you have left is a cross of the two.
BULL. if your ever seen my boss, you'd know that wasnt true

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: bammy are you saying there's still some "registered Neanderthals" runnin' around ????