Major DNA testing company sharing genetic data with the FBI

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest said:
sstterry said:
Bestoutwest said:
I'm not sure that's true. If Joint Commission fines the facility you work at for something you did, that will more than likely be passed to you.
I have never heard of that happening. I am not saying it does not, but that is the first I have ever heard that a Federal Fine can be passed on to a private citizen unless it is in the whistleblower context.
Joint Commission is not a federal organization. They're a private group who accredits healthcare facilities. Their scores are important because it affects your reimbursement rate as a healthcare provider.

Sorry, I overlooked the "Joint Commission" part. I am very familiar with JCAHO, I have always dealt with records and information release in regard to DHHS. I did not know that the Joint Commission had the ability to levy fines. But that would only be in regard to Hospitals, correct? Do they have any authority in regard to practice groups?

sstterry said:
Bestoutwest said:
sstterry said:
I have never heard of that happening. I am not saying it does not, but that is the first I have ever heard that a Federal Fine can be passed on to a private citizen unless it is in the whistleblower context.
Joint Commission is not a federal organization. They're a private group who accredits healthcare facilities. Their scores are important because it affects your reimbursement rate as a healthcare provider.

Sorry, I overlooked the "Joint Commission" part. I am very familiar with JCAHO, I have always dealt with records and information release in regard to DHHS. I did not know that the Joint Commission had the ability to levy fines. But that would only be in regard to Hospitals, correct? Do they have any authority in regard to practice groups?
I can't speak to that, but I would guess they could. It's a pain, some of their regulations but keeping folks safe is a good thing, right?🤔

Bestoutwest said:
I can't speak to that, but I would guess they could. It's a pain, some of their regulations but keeping folks safe is a good thing, right?🤔

Keeping folks safe is definitely a good thing! The stories I can tell about situations where folks weren't kept safe. The thing is, as you know, in the Medical Industry there are lots of safeguards. Harm normally happens when there is a failure on multiple levels.

Sure seems like a good way to catch criminals to me. And an excellent way to stop voter fraud and illegal immigration. Fake ID isn't happening with DNA samples.

Hook2.0 said:
Read my response again. I'm NOT OK with my dna being realeased to ANYONE without my permission.
If you want to put yours out there for all the world to view freely, be my guest. Me, no ones getting mine without absolute privacy or consent from me. I've got nothing to be afraid of, but I place a high value on my right to privacy. The exact term is expectation of privacy.

I totally understand what you are saying, but my point is if you do one of those commercial DNA tests, there is a 99.99999% chance you are giving the rights to your information.

I like the thought of finding out about genealogy, but I do not and will never trust Corporations or Insurance Companies.

Latest posts