Mistake

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Had a house come up behind me for sale guy died in it they found him a few days later couple years ago house was horrible they wanted 50k for it has an acre and a half of land so I didn't buy it but someone offered 19k they took it. The house has no electricity and these pieces of trash moved in now they have no car no lights but have about 9 dogs a mama and her puppies running all over I went into the pasture without a gun as I always do and the mama dog was in there eating cow crap I yelled at her to get out of my pasture she started walking towards me growling so I picked up a 2x4 and it walked off. They came back again but this time I had my lever action .22 while they were outside the dog came under the fence I twirled it like chuck Connors and then they made sure to call it back ASAP I can tell these pieces of trash are going to be an issue. Dogs have no shot collars or anything but these pieces of trash have them when they cant feed themselves. I should have bought the place my mistake if it ever comes up for sale no matter what price within reason im buying it.

One of my biggest worries around here. All it takes is one and a neighborhood can be turned upside down. For your sake I hope they move shortly and you get it the next time.

In my part of the country they would either be crack or meth heads. No one else lives like that around here. I'd probably be offering a little profit to them to sell.

Sounds like a bad deal. I'm having this problem now but nearly as bad. Folks have about 20 dogs penned up, several horses they don't take care of, and all live in different campers on about 15 acres. I offered to buy the place but no way they would sell. They've pretty well fished my pools out, even though I've caught them and told em not to come back. I've bought the last several places that have come up for sale around me, problem is you can't buy everything. Especially when it's overpriced and and you can't get your money back.

That's the issue with being out in the country around here. What was once well-kept places up to about 20 years ago, now looks like a junk heap. Apparently, nobody buys land to farm anymore, so when a piece comes available, somebody buys it and puts a junky trailer on it and has a cow tied to a pole in the back yard.
It would pay a person to buy every acre that comes available around your place.

herofan":2blz5ng4 said:
That's the issue with being out in the country around here. What was once well-kept places up to about 20 years ago, now looks like a junk heap. Apparently, nobody buys land to farm anymore, so when a piece comes available, somebody buys it and puts a junky trailer on it and has a cow tied to a pole in the back yard.
It would pay a person to buy every acre that comes available around your place.
What you say is very true. Problem comes when the land has an old house that needs to be torn down but owner thinks it's worth 40k so runs the price up. Or even worse the trashy folks csme about the land somehow and don't have anywhere else to go so won't sell. I don't really have an issue with people not keeping everything nice and neat it's when they think they can do as they please or get the druggies coming around that gets me.

Lucky":2qynkzyf said:
Sounds like a bad deal. I'm having this problem now but nearly as bad. Folks have about 20 dogs penned up, several horses they don't take care of, and all live in different campers on about 15 acres. I offered to buy the place but no way they would sell. They've pretty well fished my pools out, even though I've caught them and told em not to come back. I've bought the last several places that have come up for sale around me, problem is you can't buy everything. Especially when it's overpriced and and you can't get your money back.

If not taking care of animals, call sheriff's office and report them. Can also report for trespass but be better if had game camera pics of them on your property.

Sometimes no matter how bad you want to buy an adjoining piece of property you can't. There's a piece of property that borders us and I refuse to pay the price. I made an offer but it's a $100k less than the asking price, and I'm a fool for offering that. But I also know it's $50k+ more than what it was bought for 9 years ago.

herofan":25puccow said:
Now now...that's just a backyard farmer starting his 'herd'.....El Rancho Grande!!....... :lol:
:hide:

A friend/neighbor of ours is kicking himself because he didn't buy the 5 acre plot across the road from him with a trashy trailer (seriously, no front steps but there is a cinder block). He's not even sure how many people live there. Dogs are chained in the yard, horses don't have any hay, kids toys all over the place . . . .

Sky, I'm getting a visual of you twirling your .22 and it makes me smile :)

Sky, I understand your plight. :( Maybe you can make them an offer they can't refuse. ;) Be careful with folks like that, there's no telling what they might do. :/

I'm pretty fortunate really. Me and my neighbor own nearly all the road frontage connecting us now. I had to give more than I wanted for 70 acres down the road a few years ago but I wanted it so what do you do? We was back and forth on price for a good while then he told me "I'll just split it in two and get my price". I guess he knew what it would take to make me jump.

Be careful with bad neighbors. People with nothing to loose to crazy things.

Sky, keep an eye out at your county assessor's office (or whoever tracks property taxes) to see if they're getting behind. Also, if you have a codes enforcement officer, call him/her and the dog catcher every chance you get. You may be able to line yourself up as the best choice if it goes to tax auction or bank foreclosure. Sometimes they can take into account not just the highest bid, but the best bidder at a fair price.

The trouble with buying the place next doors is that now the next place down the road becomes your neighbor. Which could put you back into the same problem again.

Sky I used to have some terrible neighbors. Now I got good ones. And I let them know how much I appreciate them

Lucky":6joocnks said:
herofan":6joocnks said:
I don't really have an issue with people not keeping everything nice and neat it's when they think they can do as they please or get the druggies coming around that gets me.

That's true, I suppose people have a right to do what they want In terms of looks, and none of them cause any trouble in my area, so I'm thankful for that. By modern standards, I'm sure I don't keep everything looking like a palace either, but it's a little disheartening to remember how it once looked. I know a guy who is trying to sell a couple of acres up the road. He says he has had several people look at it and say they are looking to build a house and love the secluded location, but the junky neighbors always seem to scare them off.

These people don't even mow their lawn because they can't; it's too crowded with junk.
Even if they left, it would be tough to convert it back to a pasture or hay field due to all the crap lying around.

I tell ya its crazy and the step dad I spoke with told me hes tired of taking care of his stepson his gf and there 4 kids so he bought the place to get rid of him as he lives hour away. He isn't going to sell for anything.

Had another incident this morning dog and puppies barking at the calves the bull came over and ran them out the kid seen I had a gun started yelling don't shoot my dog the mom ran output the dog up ... 5 mins later I look out 2 of the kids were in my pasture as the cattle started running towards them I had to get stop the cattle the mom came out looking high and confused saying she was calling them for 5 mins I told her this is the country with danger at every turn it would be tragic for me to find your kids dead in my pasture you need to watch them. She wouldn't even come near me I had to yell it to her so when her bf and step dad get back were going to have a serious im talking your listening conversation. This is spiraling out of control. The kids are crawling under the fence.

Latest posts