Mistake

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky":1ta60ceh said:
he told me "I'll just split it in two and get my price"

Most folks have no idea on how to generate a profit from operations,
but almost anyone can make a profit subdividing an estate.

A common trick here is to sell off 20 to 40 acres of pasture or woods - -
to someone who moves in a trailer and then puts a deer hunting stand on each corner.

TCRanch":3h1ovlf5 said:
A friend/neighbor of ours is kicking himself because he didn't buy the 5 acre plot across the road from him with a trashy trailer (seriously, no front steps but there is a cinder block). He's not even sure how many people live there. Dogs are chained in the yard, horses don't have any hay, kids toys all over the place . . . .

Sky, I'm getting a visual of you twirling your .22 and it makes me smile :)

I love twirling it and such I been twirling them for a long while.

boondocks":17wndo6a said:
Sky, keep an eye out at your county assessor's office (or whoever tracks property taxes) to see if they're getting behind. Also, if you have a codes enforcement officer, call him/her and the dog catcher every chance you get. You may be able to line yourself up as the best choice if it goes to tax auction or bank foreclosure. Sometimes they can take into account not just the highest bid, but the best bidder at a fair price.

a relative works there so I asked to be notified but the stepfather will not let it go into tax default im sure. Dogs have roaming rights in my county as long as they have rabies and tag info that one does not and I can call but want to see for sure before wasting animal controls time.

M-5":3ol2faia said:
lock your dogs up and put out fly bait the help control the flies ,

already noticed I was having a fly problem really bad so I guess I need to put those lil blue chunks out smart man

skyhightree1":1wtvemhq said:
I tell ya its crazy and the step dad I spoke with told me hes tired of taking care of his stepson his gf and there 4 kids so he bought the place to get rid of him as he lives hour away. He isn't going to sell for anything.

Had another incident this morning dog and puppies barking at the calves the bull came over and ran them out the kid seen I had a gun started yelling don't shoot my dog the mom ran output the dog up ... 5 mins later I look out 2 of the kids were in my pasture as the cattle started running towards them I had to get stop the cattle the mom came out looking high and confused saying she was calling them for 5 mins I told her this is the country with danger at every turn it would be tragic for me to find your kids dead in my pasture you need to watch them. She wouldn't even come near me I had to yell it to her so when her bf and step dad get back were going to have a serious im talking your listening conversation. This is spiraling out of control. The kids are crawling under the fence.

A good hot wire to keep the dogs out, should work for the kids too.

Allenw":20wp40k1 said:
skyhightree1":20wp40k1 said:
I tell ya its crazy and the step dad I spoke with told me hes tired of taking care of his stepson his gf and there 4 kids so he bought the place to get rid of him as he lives hour away. He isn't going to sell for anything.

Had another incident this morning dog and puppies barking at the calves the bull came over and ran them out the kid seen I had a gun started yelling don't shoot my dog the mom ran output the dog up ... 5 mins later I look out 2 of the kids were in my pasture as the cattle started running towards them I had to get stop the cattle the mom came out looking high and confused saying she was calling them for 5 mins I told her this is the country with danger at every turn it would be tragic for me to find your kids dead in my pasture you need to watch them. She wouldn't even come near me I had to yell it to her so when her bf and step dad get back were going to have a serious im talking your listening conversation. This is spiraling out of control. The kids are crawling under the fence.

A good hot wire to keep the dogs out, should work for the kids too.

fence lowest strand of hot is 16" and the barbed is 12" with no juice its a super hot fence cant remember voltage but its enough it pops almost like a muzzleloader cap they haven't touched that yet I sure as heck don't feel as I should have to do that nor do I feel like doing it physically.. I made my peace and will say what I have to say .. Any collateral damage resulting from their negligence im ok with unfortunately that's how it has to be.

backhoeboogie":14blky6y said:
Sky I used to have some terrible neighbors. Now I got good ones. And I let them know how much I appreciate them
Yep, was the same here.. we have 2 adjoining properties, both of them were owned by POS's... We wish we could have bought them, but we just didn't have the money to do it.. Anyhow, one is now a vacation property for some nice folks, come up a few times a year, the other we get along with well as well, so it's a huge relief

If I were you I might let the police know what is going on. Maybe just inform them that they keep doing what they are doing. Ask them what more you can do. (Not because you need to but because they'll remember that you did ask) Just so that they have it on record so if something does happen it's your side they are taking.

I haven't read it all and I know it's a useless gesture most places, but put up some 'no trespass' signs along the area the kids are crawling thru. Might help CYA if something bad happens. ..'might'.

Clinch you are right.. I told animal control and added signs so thats all i can do I noticed i havent seen the dogs and when the kids were outside the guy was with them and they didnt go near the fence but when hes gone and shes home is when stuff hits the fan

I was in my barn and she did something he didn't like cause it sounded like she got her #$% whooped kids screaming her screaming him screaming etc...

skyhightree1, I had a problem with a neighbor's dog. I had several conversations about keeping him home and it made no difference.

My solution: Near our house (where he always came) I mowed an area of grass about 4' in dia. as short as I could. Took garden hose and wet the soil real good. Got an old metal oil drain pan about 18" in dia and 5" deep and drilled two 1/8" holes just under the upper lip. Made 3 dowel rods out of an old broom handle about 12" long. Put the 3 dowels in the ground to set the pan on. Ran a wire through the two holes in the pan, wrapped tight, and ran that to the fence charger.

Then added some gravy and a couple broken up hot dogs in the pan. In about 1/2 hour that dog had his nose in the pan. He yapped all the way home, and never came back.

Latest posts