Miserable Week

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We had snow in central South Africa this week :shock: not much but still . Wonderment only lasted about half an hour and then one realized just how bloody cold it was. It rained the next day and the wind howled until Thursday, lovely day today but another cold front comes in tomorrow. You folks can have the snow, no thank you!!

Come on summer..... :D

Was it like this?
phone2_051.jpg

alisonb":1vlcs83c said:
We had snow in central South Africa this week :shock: not much but still . Wonderment only lasted about half an hour and then one realized just how bloody cold it was. It rained the next day and the wind howled until Thursday, lovely day today but another cold front comes in tomorrow. You folks can have the snow, no thank you!!

Come on summer..... :D
as hot and dry as its been, alot of folks are looking foward to winter,,,not me..... cause most likely we will have about a week of fall, and go straight into winter.. and im looking for a early fall, since we've been a month ahead all year..

I'm looking forward to it cooling down some. Would even like four days without a shower but I'm not going to complain.

I'll be glad when it cools down some too but the summer hasn't been too bad really. Only one week when the temps were over 100º.

112 two days in a row here and that's after ten or so days of 100 plus. I could go for some snow right about now. It will snow here in the valley about once every twenty years but it hits the top of my ranch fifteen miles away three or four times a year.

ohiosteve":11u09z83 said:
Was it like this?
phone2_051.jpg
Oh grief, not nearly! I'm just a baby :D I would probably have a blanket on each of my cows if we had conditions like that :help:
Our lows average around 25deg here in mid winter in the area that I stay, sometimes dropping to 19deg but that is usually without rain or snow so it is not too bad. The wind blew at about 60km/h(37 miles) right though the day yesterday, whatever could come unstuck did. At least the winds are on time, they blow throughout August. The weather forecast is for a longer winter however.

Our lows average around 25deg here in mid winter in the area that I stay, sometimes dropping to 19deg but that is usually without rain or snow so it is not too bad. The wind blew at about 60km/h(37 miles) right though the day yesterday, whatever could come unstuck did. At least the winds are on time, they blow throughout August. The weather forecast is for a longer winter however.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you mean "Not too bad"??? :shock:
If it gets below 72 with a light breeze it is too cold for me.
Did I ever mention that I do not like cold weather?

Ryder":rvc35uv5 said:
BTW -when I said 'lows' I meant our night temps, July is usually the worst.
I reckon the ideal day temp would be around 80deg and night temp of about 55deg, I'm looking for that place ;-)
Enjoy the rest of your summer as what you dread is creeping closer... :eek:

alisonb":1nl4wcca said:
Ryder":1nl4wcca said:
BTW -when I said 'lows' I meant our night temps, July is usually the worst.
I reckon the ideal day temp would be around 80deg and night temp of about 55deg, I'm looking for that place ;-)
Enjoy the rest of your summer as what you dread is creeping closer... :eek:
I know, I know. But I try not to think about it.

Latest posts