Milestone Herbicide

Help Support CattleToday:

fargus

Reaction score
Seeing as dun shared his experience and observations on Surmount, I figured I should share mine with Milestone.

Active ingredient is aminopyralid, similar chemistry to Lontrel.

It's claim to fame in this part of the world is russian knapweed in pastures. It is every bit as good as advertised. Sprayed it in late May last year, not a sprig of knapweed left. In places this 20 acres wasn't growing any grass, it was a solid mass of pink flowers in the late summer. It also did a great job on the dandelions and thistles. Definitely not safe on your legumes, and the label states 3-4 years before re-seeding any clovers. In our environment (typically lots of moisture) we are seeing legumes come back from seed bank the year following application. It isn't on the label, but it did do a good job of the wild carrot as well. It can be tank mixed with 2,4-D and it gets a really broad range of pasture weeds, including some of the woody ones I believe. It costs about $25/acre (in Canada.... everything costs more up here) but it was well worth it, as nothing but a plow was going to kill the d@mn knapweed otherwise.