might try my first palpation

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
got a cow 3 mos behind..if there aint a full term calf in there ready to fall out shes history this weekend
im guessing itll be pretty obvious even if i havent done it before...rectally...not looking forward to it but shes comin or goin this weekend

yes i got a headcatch..and a glove..and alotta lube..i understand joy soap is okay also..its cheaper than vaseline.

shes quite fat so i might sell her to my nieghbor to butcher actually..not salebarn her

last yr she stillborned a hiefer

thanks

gary

dieselbeef":3kmj823r said:
got a cow 3 mos behind..if there aint a full term calf in there ready to fall out shes history this weekend
im guessing itll be pretty obvious even if i havent done it before...rectally...not looking forward to it but shes comin or goin this weekend

yes i got a headcatch..and a glove..and alotta lube..i understand joy soap is okay also..its cheaper than vaseline.

shes quite fat so i might sell her to my nieghbor to butcher actually..not salebarn her

thanks

gary
Try mineral oil for a lube, least irritating thing you can use other then actual AI lube

dun":kt7lg8sh said:
dieselbeef":kt7lg8sh said:

thanks

gary
Try mineral oil for a lube, least irritating thing you can use other then actual AI lube
Plus she won't run around farting bubbles for a week :lol: :lol:
sorry couldn't resist

Heck just wait for her to take a crap, get you a hand full of it and use it for lube. Works good except when they're on a low quality diet and have stack up manure.

hand lotion worked good..nothin but an empty hole in there..she shouldve ben over 200 days...had to git in there cuz she hasnt shown any indicators..so on the trlr she goes...good enough..ill git 2 hiefers for the price this one will bring..at 1300 and about 60/lb...ill do ok i think

dieselbeef":39xsp4do said:
hand lotion worked good..nothin but an empty hole in there..she shouldve ben over 200 days...had to git in there cuz she hasnt shown any indicators..so on the trlr she goes...good enough..ill git 2 hiefers for the price this one will bring..at 1300 and about 60/lb...ill do ok i think
DB if you take her to the sale barn have them age and palpate her as well...shouldn't cost you but a couple of bucks and IF by chance she's bred she'll sell better.

10-4..ill see if thats an option..i been feeding her too long already..probly gonna sell to the guy down the street to eat

Latest posts