MF 2775 problem (Help)

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
My tractor is leaking hydrolic fluid. Its kind of hard to describe exactly where it leaking from, but its in front of and undernath the radiator. Its in theis little compartment I cant really see into real well or figure out how to gt into. If you look throughthe cracks you can see a couple of pumps or somehting in there. Anyway, the fluid is leaking from there back towards the front of the engine then out onto the ground.

Can someone tell me mor of what Im looking at or know how to get access the the area under the radiator. The only way I can see would require takign part of the frame apart.

Welcome to the Massey owners club. unexplained fluid leaks are a shared experience. Likely your leak is from the filter area. Tighten up that cannister. Change the filter while you are in there. Good luck.

No its not the filters. Its under a steel sheet the radiator is mounted on surrounded by the frame which prevents me from accessing the leak area to see exaclty what is leaking. I can see a pump and something else under there through a crack, but thats it.

I just bought a techical manual for 12.50 on e-bay. Hopefully that will help me figure this out. I cant really afford to send it to the shop if I can help it, but I need to ger it fixed pretty quick.

I don't know jack-diddly about a MF but I'm wondering if it has a crank-driven pump under there? Could also have a front-mounted oil cooler. More than likely you have a busted line or loose connection at one of these components. It's a real pleasure to work on something when you can't even see what's wrong. :roll: Good Luck

cfpinz

I am not familiar with that model (too new for me) but I agree with cfpinz. My 285 has an oil cooler up there and the lines run under the radiator. My Ford has a front shaft mounted hyd pump for the FEL and the lines run up there also.

Is there no way to pull the grill out and see what is hidden back there?

Its an 89 tractor. Ive never heard anyone reference it as too new, but I do like that analogy.

It might have an oil cooler up there as well, I just cant see. I have taken the grills off thinking I could access the pumps, but I just run into cross members for the frame. Im sure it ssomething relatively simple if I could just get into there. The weather hasnt really helped much either.

3MR":3ad60p0f said:
No its not the filters. Its under a steel sheet the radiator is mounted on surrounded by the frame which prevents me from accessing the leak area to see exaclty what is leaking. I can see a pump and something else under there through a crack, but thats it.

I just bought a techical manual for 12.50 on e-bay. Hopefully that will help me figure this out. I cant really afford to send it to the shop if I can help it, but I need to ger it fixed pretty quick.

Most likely a power steering leak.
The hydrualic pump is located through the years in various places usually on the right hand side mid mount of the motor.

It could be a power stearing leak, but the leak is definitely coming from in front of and below the radiator. There is a pump up there on the right hand side though.

3MR":cn820lvk said:
It could be a power stearing leak, but the leak is definitely coming from in front of and below the radiator. There is a pump up there on the right hand side though.

Power steering start pulling sheet metal off. Got a hose or coupling leak.

I pulled all the sheat metal off from the front around the radiator and I cstill couldnt get to the area the leak was in. Unless I am missing something I think I will probalby have to remove the radiator and the sheat of metal its mounted on to get to the pump area. where the leak it. I hope its something as simple as a hose or coupling leak.

I was hoping there was an easy way to access the area somebody knew of that I was missing. sometimes I thin the people who design these things are related to Dr Evil somehow.

I stopped by the MF dealership on my way home. They said I needed to pull the radiator and then the sheet metal plate to get to the leak. Oh well, I guess my work is cut out for me. Hopefully I can get it done this weekend.

Latest posts