Metal Barns

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Alright all you Texans.. any suggestions on a good person to get to build a barn and shop? The last two I had quotes from were very high, and 6 weeks out of getting started.

Appreciate any help! Ryan, that looks like a nice barn you've got.. who built it?

If everyone is 6 weeks out, do you really want someone to build it that can start a lot sooner? Usually builders are busy or not for a reason. Quality, either good or poor.

dun

I can start on it this weekend, but I'm sure my price will be 5 times what you were quoted since I don't build those. :lol: :shock: :lol: Just kidding, no seriously what area are you in?

just curious as to the price you have to pay there ,I was a contractor for years -- we built pole sheds for about 10.00 a square foot --about 25 -30 dollars a foot with concrete and insulation and steel on the inside--all material suppied

you, you, you, mean you don't have to build them by yourself???
5.gif

Carlos D.":1tg96mfq said:
just curious as to the price you have to pay there ,I was a contractor for years -- we built pole sheds for about 10.00 a square foot --about 25 -30 dollars a foot with concrete and insulation and steel on the inside--all material suppied

That's still in the ballpark depending on the size of the building. Of course, those are Manitoba buildings. Texas buildings might be different. I bet they don't have to account for those big snow loads.

Mrs. Bull Lady,
What size are you going to have built? I was just curious to compare prices from TN. to TX. I'm not a contractor, but we recently built a new one.

Latest posts