Sale Barns.

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
There is been a huge run all summer at the salebarns here. Does anyone speculate that some of the barns will not have enough cattle to operate after all of the ranchers quit. Now I am talking about EastTexas There are three barns within 25 miles of me in any direction.

Not all are going to survive IMO, this is going to be a huge economic impact to rural communities in Texas.
I read that 90% of the sale of a cow is returned to the local economy. That is a lot of money coming out of our local economies next year.

I am hearing about this huge new operation in the making south east of here. They are soliciting vet advice and throwing together a whole bunch of capital. What the heck? Who would throw their nickels at something like that in times like this?

backhoeboogie":3epksbxh said:
I am hearing about this huge new operation in the making south east of here. They are soliciting vet advice and throwing together a whole bunch of capital. What the heck? Who would throw their nickels at something like that in times like this?
Rish lawyer looking for a tax write off?

Dun I am thinking of that old mind set of where, "If you do the opposite of what everyone else does, there's a 96 percent chance you are making the perfect choice."

backhoeboogie":37mhs5hb said:
Dun I am thinking of that old mind set of where, "If you do the opposite of what everyone else does, there's a 96 percent chance you are making the perfect choice."
I think that in a few years they'll probably look like geniuses since the beef supply factorys are being reduced to rapidly. That's if the drought breaks soon, if it doesn;t they'll look like bankrupt idiots.

Latest posts