Meet the old man (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
This old boy has seen better days but has earned the right to eternity here on the ranch.
He is presently in with 10 other bulls for rehab before our next breeding season starts. As you can see he lost a lot of weight on his last trip out with the girls but says he is still ready, willing and able to go again.
This old boy consistently throws 70 to 90 pound calves.
In addition to his weight this is why we don't use him on heifers or small frame cows.
SL
100_0133.jpg

I wouldn't keep wild critters like that at my place. Just look at the way he is attacking that pickup! Disgraceful!!!

Looks like you finally got some moisture.

I got one of those that has earned his keep too. Kinda hard to part with something that had done so much for you.

:heart: We buried one old bull,( he was 19-- sired his last crop a year before he died) he was a favorite, had real
personality. The others, not so lucky----- they got wheels.
Granny cow is our current oldy moldy that will be euthanized
and buried before really cold weather sets in. She has earned
a dignified death, not shoved into a semi to be trampled,
she goes down she could not get up. I normally cull before
they get to this stage, but there is a sentimental tie to this
cow. ;-)

I got a ol gal i said would die on the place.....well do to the drought and hay shortage my sentimental feelings have fused into my business side. and she fixin too roll

ALACOWMAN":13qej1kz said:
I got a ol gal i said would die on the place.....well do to the drought and hay shortage my sentimental feelings have fused into my business side. and she fixin too roll

You got a good point. My bull is still toting a lot of pipe and earning his keep. Would hate to ever get rid of him but if things got bad enough I could always snap a picture of him or hire Iluvabeef to sketch a nice picture of him. :D

I have one that will die at our place and I know exactly how you feel towards that special one. Luck for her, she's 2 and has a long life ahead of her.

Latest posts