Meet Miss Lacey

Help Support CattleToday:

Well little Miss Lacey arrived on Sat afternoon and has slotted right in. She did try and chase the chickens and the cats on Sunday morning :shock: but was reprimanded and put in her place very quickly, she listens very well....but keeps me on my toes. I keep the leash on her early morning when excitement levels are high. She does not let me out of sight and has become my tail, has even started guarding :D I could not have asked for a better little companion, she is as bright as a button, am really pleased :heart:

Pdf - just as you say Dee Dee watches Apache go off so does this one watch Mr Fish, stays put at my side. It seems like the bond is going to be really strong. Sounds like you have two good dogs there :D

Thanks Limomike, sorry you lost yours.

Will post some pics when she slows down and I have had time to recharge my batteries :help:

Forgot to add - she had her first bath today. She found a chicken shyt that was just too irresistible and rolled in it :yuck: :shock: :lol: :help: Lets hope I can get her out of this quickly....

Thanks Chippie + pdf, she's a lovely little girl :D

Here are some pics -

Crafty ;-)

Taking a stroll on the dam wall, looks like she wouldn't mind a swim

Listening to guinea fowl

Begging for some of my ginger biscuit

Am pleased to say that she has not rolled in any more strange things. She has accepted that the chickens and cats are a no no. She had a scrap with Mr Fish today which had to happen sometime as she has been testing him continuously, he put her in her place. It's no longer necessary for a leash.

So all good so far, a fine young girl :D

dang...now I covet her....

from that very first picture she had the lok of a good dog about her....

I am glad you took a chance....

I adore her, she is beautiful ! Can't wait to hear more stories and see more pics as she settles into her new family :D

Thanks HD, will do that :D

The shelter told me that an old gentleman brought Lacey in and asked if they could please find a good home for her as he could no longer take care of her. I can only wonder why, perhaps he had to shift into a retirement village or something where they didn't allow animals. All I know is she is extremely well mannered(apart from a little begging) and has been absolutely adored and spoiled. It must have been really difficult for him to do that.

On Saturday morning we were down at the dam and next I heard a splash so quickly ran to see. There she was paddling around so called her to a bricked up area were she could get out. She loves water but I think she may have fallen in as it was really cold. Anyway, she rushed around smearing herself in the grass and dirt so gave her a warm bath and dried her off, poor little bugger was so cold. No walking on the dam wall today :lol: and at least she knows where to get out now if it does happen again.

Put the sprinklers on the garden today so she had to chase them and 'bite' the water - she obviously does not know it's winter lol. Dried her well and she then fell asleep in her ma's arms :heart:

1198133656_yrLte-Ti.jpg

Our Jack Russell is fourteen years old and getting into his senior years but he has been a wonderful pet.
Best of luck with your lovely girl.

Thanks Kerley. A friend of mine's JR lived until 17, I hope you still have your boy for a couple of years to come :D

Update time :D

No regrets at all, what a fine little girl. Excellent watch dog and companion, does not leave my side. A little obsessed with her ball but that's coming right. Loves food :shock: so I have to be very careful with what she eats....she could end up looking like a little dumpling but thank goodness she is very active.

My mom especially knitted a jersey for her....she hated it :lol:

Oh my, what a beautiful dog she is. She is full blooded too. I hope that the shelter knows that she has a wonderful home as I am sure that the man called back to see where she went.

They are such little characters, that I want to write about mine a lot.

She looked spiffy in her sweater. She is truly a beautiful dog.

These dogs are so smart. I am so proud that you adopted her. She will get to live in two heavens. At your house, and above too.

Thank you Chuckie, I have a little gem :D . When I have some time I'll tell you about a little dog that came into our lives and helped my mom find meaning to life again...

Latest posts