Meet Miss Lacey

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Was going to get a G shepherd to replace my big dog as she is stone deaf and going blind but now is not the right time. I will have to wait for her to pass before I do so as she has recently developed a fear for thunder, lightening or just about any loud noise and I'm scared a young pup may just think this is normal behavior :shock:

So my sister sends me an email with this pic -
Lacey_zps0f76b34f.jpg

She's at a shelter, is two years old. Apparently her owner, an old chap, just dropped her off there.
What a pretty little face :heart: but does she chase chickens or cats??? They tried putting her in with some cats to test her and she didn't react...that means nothing :lol:

Think I know what I'm going to do but what do you think.....is she going to give my cats + chickens he!!???

alisonb":2d07dmco said:
Was going to get a G shepherd to replace my big dog as she is stone deaf and going blind but now is not the right time. I will have to wait for her to pass before I do so as she has recently developed a fear for thunder, lightening or just about any loud noise and I'm scared a young pup may just think this is normal behavior :shock:

So my sister sends me an email with this pic -
Lacey_zps0f76b34f.jpg

She's at a shelter, is two years old. Apparently her owner, an old chap, just dropped her off there.
What a pretty little face :heart: but does she chase chickens or cats??? They tried putting her in with some cats to test her and she didn't react...that means nothing :lol:

Think I know what I'm going to do but what do you think.....is she going to give my cats + chickens he!!???

With a face like that I think you know the answer already ! :lol2: :lol: :p Btw she is a doll :nod:

There is a natural order of things Ali and dogs definately go a step or two up the ladder from chickens and yes even cats! :shock: :lol2:

Go get her and give her a good home................just look at that face.......like an Angel from Heaven! ;-)

what a sweet face. she looks like she is asking "why am I here?"

I sure would be tempted to get her. Things happen for a reason and she may be the pup for you.

it will take no time to get her to stop chasing chickens and cats....

establish yourself as the leader and bond with her and when you tell her no whe will learn quickly.

The Aussie we rescued a few months ago was absolutley certain he was going to feast on poultry when he got here....he now pays them little mind because I simply told him no....positvely no....serious scolding only....

dogs are so smart....all they need is a leader and some direction....

pdfangus":3jnnp28a said:
it will take no time to get her to stop chasing chickens and cats....

establish yourself as the leader and bond with her and when you tell her no whe will learn quickly.

The Aussie we rescued a few months ago was absolutley certain he was going to feast on poultry when he got here....he now pays them little mind because I simply told him no....positvely no....serious scolding only....

dogs are so smart....all they need is a leader and some direction....
Rules, boundrys and limitations.....................

Thanks folks.

Soooo, I signed the adoption papers and the SPCA came and did their inspection :roll: what have I let myself into! She has got to catch a plane from the coast and fly to the chilly Free State, about an hours flight. Shelter is busy organising that and will let me know :D

3waycross":blsvqrd2 said:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I can't believe we talked you into that! :hide:
I don;t believe we really had anythign to do with it.
Allison and Lacy did all the talking required.

thanks for adopting....

it makes little sense to buy a puppy while shelter pets are dying.....

if you have to have a puppy the shelters are usually full of them too.....

Doesn't look like I'm going to get her :cry2:

There is no direct flight to where I am, she would have to catch a connecting flight and I just don't feel like putting her though all that in the middle of winter. We have advertised on FB and on local radio stations asking if there is perhaps anyone driving through that is willing to give her a lift but to no avail as yet. She is about 1000km away. Will give it until Wednesday.........

Thanks Chippie. Looks like we may have a lift lined up for Saturday, not definite as yet. Hold thumbs :D

Hold Thumbs....
interesting expression I have not heard before....
from the context I interpret it to mean somthing like keep your fingers crossed...
now that I have typed it that in an interesting expression as well....

I have a female and a male, and if you want a big dog in a small body, then this is the dog for you! They are very intelligent, and my two both know the definitions of, "No Cows," "No Cats," "No Chickens." Both of mine are strong hunters, and they do lick their lips as they walk past the Peacocks. Ha-ha!!! The picture you posted is a very pretty Jack Russell and I think you should give her a try. She has a very intelligent look on her face and I bet you will not be sorry. I don't think people really check to see what the personalities of these little dogs have, and expect them to be like Rat Terriers. They are more aggressive when playing with their toys, and they compete to get their toys first before you do. They do this with children too, so they can be rough on young children, even if the dog is small. These are very loyal dogs. I have owned several since the early 80's.
Chuckie

Yes pdf, it means the same thing. The thumb is bent in towards the palm of the hand and then clasped with the rest of the fingers :D
Thanks Chuckie.

I can't wait, she is arriving tomorrow afternoon :banana: . Will post some pics soon!!!

congratulations.....

Our boy Apache, who we got a few months ago...it is like he has been with us for years now....he has my wifes treat routine down pat....He wakes me up every morning....We have two dogs who apparently can tell time....they invariably know within 5 minutes of when it is time for them to get their nightly cookie and ice cream... they ususally go to Marie and sit and look at her....
apache was reported by the rescue to be a bit headstrong and difficult.....took no time for him to learn our rules and basic commands....he is the first to come when I call them now...and an aboslute love sponge....

ali.. thats a good lookn dog.. had one just like that a few years back. wonderful dog

went back and looked at the picture.....she looks sharp as a tack....I think you will have a nice addition....
rescue dogs seem to have a sense about what you have done for em and bond ever tighter....
I don't know if it is the time spent in the shelter or what...
little Dee Dee was just a pup when she came to us from the county dog pound....but she is certain she likes it better here than there....she likes to go out and run and play. but she is not very adventerous and has little desire to leave our yard and barn area...Apache will trot off into the woods and she stands and watches him go....then comes and stands by me....Apache is checking his ground hog holes.....then he comes right back....

Latest posts