Meal on the run

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":3lda2n6i said:
I'd bet his salami is a lot better than some of the crap called salami you are refering to.

That's what I'm thinking too. Speaking of salami, what are some of the types ya'll eat? Are they fermented? Nothing better than a good one.

Jogeephus":3vcy8fuw said:
1982vett":3vcy8fuw said:
I'd bet his salami is a lot better than some of the crap called salami you are refering to.

That's what I'm thinking too. Speaking of salami, what are some of the types ya'll eat? Are they fermented? Nothing better than a good one.

Reminds me of that cartoon when I was growing up....Salami, Salami, Baloney.

Salami is good eating with mustard. I eat any kind. The long narrow tubes seem to be the best.

You have to try the different sausages they make in Europe especially Holland and Germany. Much different than anything we can get in North America and very very flavorful.

What exactly is a grit. I wanted to try grits when we traveled through the south but never did..chicken out.. The blackened cat fish was awesome though..

HD, I'd love to try some of the salamis and sausages from those areas as I am fascinated with charcutrerie. The art/science intrigues and amazes me.

Grits are just ground up dried corn. We use white corn. Its really not that flavorful but it carries the taste of other foods very well and is a wonderful filler. As long as there are grits I cannot understand how anyone could go hungry.

hillsdown":uhkjjsur said:
What exactly is a grit. I wanted to try grits when we traveled through the south but never did..chicken out.. The blackened cat fish was awesome though..
That's funny HD. :lol2: Ever watch My Cousin Vinny? He asked it the same way. Think creamy polenta with a little more texture, maybe? Only what I've been told since I've never actually tried polenta.

Jogeephus":1ai85mra said:
Grits - in their pure form - are not greasy at all and many hospitals will feed them to heart patients. If you've never eaten grits and you get the chance be sure to try the cheese grits first. Cheese grits are delicious. Of course cheese grits with some sausage sprinkled on them is even more better. Then there is cheese grits with sausage and eggs mixed in them are even better than that. Remember what Bubba said about shrimps? You can do the same with grits. And with grits there is no reason for anyone to go hungry.

Cheese grits are a "Hall of Fame" food.

Latest posts