maybe a touchy subject

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":11da44wr said:
ohiosteve":11da44wr said:
cow pollinater":11da44wr said:
The day to day one that drives me nuts is the music. I will have songs that have not been on the radio since I was a kid, some of which were not that popular the first time around, get stuck in my head on a fairly constant loop and out of the blue they get played on the radio... Once I hear the song it goes away in my head but that has happened WAY to many times to be a coincidence.
CP, there is only one thing you can do when this happens and the song is played on the radio. You must reach your arm out, find the volume knob and turn it all the way up to "FULL BLAST!", then just enjoy the moment.
My hearing is so far gone it's usually as loud as it goes anyway. :lol:

Mine too. High end pitch. They tell me I need tubes in my ears to drain them. Tubes? Do they realize how old I am? Apparently the normal canal may be blocked. Ears ring a little.

backhoeboogie":1urotstj said:
LOL Seen better paint jobs on 50 year old tractors than what Tammie Faye has. Yes I do know who those folks actually are TB.

Premonitions are what I was referrring to. Things like my dad passing on and my skin crawling. Called over there and heard he was fine, just had gone for a nap. They found him in the floor. Personal experiences like that. Some call it a gift. It is more of a curse as far as I am concerned.

When mom passed I did not have the feelings. Don't know why. I was thankful tho. My sis was with her when she went.
I have an identical twin brother that lives in Arkansas. He's had 2 heart attacks in the last 12 years. I knew about them before I got the phone call, in fact, I called him to find out what was wrong.
Can't explain it, but there it is.

april 23 2008. My brother was plowing a field behind my house when I came in from work. Instead of doing my normal routine I had a feeling that I needed to go back in the field and talk with him. I didn't and sat down on a stump and just watched him for about and hour until I seen him leave the field just before dark. when I went in the house I knew something was wrong but continued with my normal routine for a few hours. about 8 oclock I had a feeling I can't explain and then the phone rang about an accident. I knew before we got to the hospital that he was gone. this is one of several events I had a premonition about in my life.

backhoeboogie":2m7i3ngh said:
highgrit":2m7i3ngh said:
Some of y'all are starting to spook me.

Apparently TB too. Been waiting on him to reply.
Nothing to say. I don't doubt some people have these feelings. I can't explain it so I don't doubt it. I don't spook easy so don't ever worry about that. After all I am Catholic. I just call my priest and he will do an exorcism. :lol2:

I was 21 years old and my dad dropped by my apartment and asked me I I wanted to go see a movie with him. In itself not an unusual occurence, we both liked westerns and things like that. We went to see Jeremiah Johnson. There is a scene in the movie where Jeremiah is standing on the side of the mountain looking back over his left shoulder and the minute I saw that, I started tearing up. Somehow I knew at that time that this was the last movie I was ever going to see with my dad. He had a massive heart attact 2 days later and died instantly. To this day, whenever I watch that movie, I think of that night and wonder how I could have known.

We had one come in a few months back, right smack dab in the Bible Belt..I said it will go over like a lead balloon... I don't believe either. But some folks have the ability to read others...gifts that can be taught in seminars to ..I believe in GOD without question :nod:

Kathy and I have had several strange occurrences since the death of our son on June 3,2000. I think It's best to not share those experiences because most people really don't understand unless they have shared such an experience. May Gods peace be with you.

I know what you mean Backhoe! 39 years ago my hubby and I were coming home from a date and we got stopped in a huge traffic jam and out of the clear blue I asked him if he knew where Larry was (Larry was his best friend) he said he didn't. He dropped me off and went home. The next morning he came over and told me that Larry had been in that wreck and that he had been thorn out the front window and the car had rolled over on him. Larry's Dad owned a funeral parlor in Ft. Worth and he never went out on calls but couldn't get ahold of anyone that night so he went out on the call. When he got there Larry was barely alive but he knew his Dad was there before he died. It was the most heart-wrenching thing I had every seen.

I agree with Deep South I don't mess with stuff like that as I have enough on my plate. Thanks for all the opinions.

Latest posts