May lose peewee

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58 said:
Poor new owners. They are very brave or foolhardy taking on something like that.

Ken

I sure agree Ken.
I told them the history on him. They seemed to have great enthusiasm about him tho.
Figure it saves me from having to put him down I guess. I really do hope it works out for them. He sure has a lot of try and will to live. Honestly I dont think he will die as long as they keep feed and water to him.
To each their own I guess... lol

If they have a clue that is good, if they do not he may suffer, but I guess they will ask you a bunch of questions....like who is his daddy & what does he do///

Gave a way thru a friend of a friend.
From what I understand they are pretty private people. May never hear anything again about him. Lol
If I hear something I will update tho.
Different strokes and all that...

MurraysMutts said:
Gave a way thru a friend of a friend.
From what I understand they are pretty private people. May never hear anything again about him. Lol
If I hear something I will update tho.
Different strokes and all that...

Best case scenario! lol

Well. It ain't much of an update, but the question was asked if peewee had been givin anything to prevent processing.
I relayed that he was well past any withdrawal period for what the vet did in March.

As an aside, would anyone here actually process and consume a down animal?
That's part of the reason I didnt... just didnt seem right to me.

MurraysMutts said:
Well. It ain't much of an update, but the question was asked if peewee had been givin anything to prevent processing.
I relayed that he was well past any withdrawal period for what the vet did in March.

not without knowing the cause.. We had a cow break a leg once, she went in the freezer right away.

Nesikep said:
MurraysMutts said:

not without knowing the cause.. We had a cow break a leg once, she went in the freezer right away.
Bears repeating. We processed a cow with hardware and a first calf heifer with a stifle injury. No disease, no antibiotics, no questions about the quality of the meat.

I doubt there would be any issue with the meat.....

Seems we wont be getting regular updates or pics with his new wheeled walker contraption.

I think you just gave away the meat. Did you not just load him up on that super new drug that has 90 days withold ? I would give him 90 day holiday at thier place if it came as a surprise....just sayin.

I dont really think there would be an issue with making burger from him, but there is a doubt in my mind, and that sealed the deal... lol

It really boiled down to me not wanting to mess with it. If they can benefit from it, I'm all for it!
He would've brought nothing at the sale even if he was up and about the way he had been.
If I get any more details I'll pass it along..

And yes! I briefly considered if it was possible to make him some rear wheels. I think I've seen that somewhere else.
I think the wheels I gave him were the best tho!
Bwhahaha

Well you could not take an animal like that to any sale here, they would shoot it and charge you for doing it. I would guess same there, not even fit to travel would be the sales view at a guess.

Would have prob done same, but if they intended to just process, I would have asked for some of the meat, worst case would be great dog food, which also is not cheap here. Depends on what sort of people I guess really, cannot say I would do diff & is your choice full stop :)

Bit of an update.
I hear hes able to get up with assistance.
Move around a lil bit.
So I guess hes still alive anyway.

They seem concerned about what he was given at weaning. He was wormed, vaccinated, castrated, and given an antibiotic. What, I dont know. Whatever the vet thought neccessary.
Been months ago now. I dont get it....
:deadhorse:

Sometimes worming can cause paralysis if there are grubs near the spinal canal and killing it causes an absess. We had a 5 or 6 month old steer years ago that went numb in his back legs about a week after worming.

Ha! I guess they got lil peewee going somewhat. They have to help him up. But once he is up, he gets around pretty decently. Says hes been up and about for as long as 4 hrs at a time!

Once hes down, hes down tho. Has to have help back up. Honestly I'm quite amazed!

I'm glad they have had the time to put into the project.
I think the covid crisis has given opportunities to families who otherwise wouldnt have the time, and that's a blessing.

Well this is unexpected..
She had peewee august 30th last year.
She was a first calf heifer. I think the storm the other night scared it right out of her. Fertile lil gal eh?
Nice.

Latest posts