March weather

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
In these parts you never know what you're going to get, but you do know there will be some nasty weather. We are in it now. Wind chill in the -30's C. Of course it like to do it when you are busy. Had 17 calves out of 15 cows yesterday.
3:00 am I had to bring a cow in to check her out, calf was completely upside down with the front feet pointed back and the head way down low. Got it straight and got it out happy and healthy.
On a happy note, we are 40% complete 11.5 days since our due date. We'll sleep in a few weeks!

I feel your pain. Seems like those cows get some kind of joy out of you babysitting them during the cold weather. nice to hear that your averaging better than 100% with 17 calves from 15 cows. keep up the good work.

Silver said:
In these parts you never know what you're going to get, but you do know there will be some nasty weather. We are in it now. Wind chill in the -30's C. Of course it like to do it when you are busy. Had 17 calves out of 15 cows yesterday.
3:00 am I had to bring a cow in to check her out, calf was completely upside down with the front feet pointed back and the head way down low. Got it straight and got it out happy and healthy.
On a happy note, we are 40% complete 11.5 days since our due date. We'll sleep in a few weeks!

My mind can't even comprehend weather like that. 🥶 I worked outside in -10 one year I thought I was going to freeze to death. It doesn't get that cold most winters where I live. Normally around 30's-40's, very little s own.

Chevy said:
Silver said:

My mind can't even comprehend weather like that. 🥶 I worked outside in -10 one year I thought I was going to freeze to death. It doesn't get that cold most winters where I live. Normally around 30's-40's, very little s own.

Well, just picture it like 110F. Only more tolerable than that for man AND beast! 8)

I figure yesterday was busy enough considering the temps.
1lgYYaM.jpg

We were a hair under 90 deg yesterday. Grass wants to grow but we have not gotten any thing more than a tenth or two in the last couple months. Calves started dropping in Feb. If we don't get rain this month its going to get rough real quick.

Latest posts