Even with crappy weather I guess there is good

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Today's finds makes it a wrap on '19 calving. First cow calved March 11th, last 2 were today. 59 day calving season on cows. Heifers started March 6th and they wrapped up on the April 1st. 26 day window on them. Get's easier every year! We culled 1 open heifer and 1 open cow last year.

Heifers are set up on MGA to start breeding for March 15th calves. Cows I'm undecided on yet as I got some pairs I may sell/may breed/may let bull have!
Cows tho at some point will get sorted into yard probably the 25th lute and sticker cows I want to AI, cows that don't will get hauled to grass. Cows that do no respond in week to lute will get a Cidr+GnRH on June 1st, Lute again 7th, pull CIDR 8th, TAI+GnRH on the 10th. May push dates 1 way or the other as last day we are breeding heifers will be the 9th, may just be to much going on! Time will tell.

Good luck to the rest of you still calving or starting your breeding and celebrate May Beef Month by eating BEEF!

Nice... a lot like my season... I think it was 45 days this year, natural service though. Bull gets released in a week, though I did bring him a couple girls already... clean out the pipes and have him remember which end of the cow is the one he should be interested in (he had no memory loss)